Click here if you are having website access problems ×

clamps to attach a frame to FIA bar

Alex Wong1697456877

I'm looking to hang a removable 2nd boot off the back of my Seven. I plan to attach this to the lower part of the FIA bar via a metal frame with an Ali box and to the lower part of the chassis. I hope to create a structure that is removable without leaving any evidence of it's presence when it's off. Does anybody know where I can get clamps suitable for this? Anybody know what is being used on the FIA bar mounted wheel rack?

Hmm - interesting idea Charles - I quite like the look of the plastic clamps mentioned elsewhere in the thread - you should be able to make these pretty much QR (and I'm struggling to see if this would be the case with exhaust clamps...)

Was the half-door info. any use, BTW?

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Sorry, didn't really read the requirement for the quick release bit properly (and that's a major admission for a software designer).

Myles - yes the info was great, I had just replied to your mail. First thing is to check whether my doors come down low enough to attach properly. I've fitted the passenger seat now, so I'm ready to go.

Charles

---

My Caterham Academy 2004 Diary

• Support Team

I would like to do something similar and had in mind using a motorcycle top box. They normally come with a quick release lock that allows you to remove the box from a supplied frame. I guess that to attach to a Caterham, 2 arms would need to be fabricated and attached to the supplied frame. The top of the arms could be clamped to the roll bar and the bottom of them attached to the rear chassis rail. The frame could be left on the car when touring and removed reasonably quickly when not required.

Alex - if you come up with a suitable design, I'd really like to see it.

If anyone orders some of those clamps, please post the price and where you got them from.

Thanks,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Alex, I did make some brackets ages ago for boxes, these brackets fixed to the rollover bar mounting in the boot and looped over the rear tube(under the boot cover) and then the boxes bolted on to these, I have not had the box on since Le man 87, but if you want i can email you photo of the brackets and box on my car

fitting dry sump