Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Plug & Play Rover ECU

steve Cunningham

Keep trying them...it'll be worth it in the end I think. Try emailing them also (address on the se7ens list)

Also check out the se7ens list as there are tons of people who've done this on there who'll share experiences.

And if you haven't already, check out Dave Andrews' page for other alternatives here.

I (or rather the guys doing my engine) went with an MBE ECU (with my approval) for a number of reasons. I decided to bin the original loom though, and had one made up for the car as it was neater all round, so ma not sure if it's plug compatible (I think it is).

What you also need to look for is something that comes with mapping software and that others have used in a similar config. T

his means that you should be able to cut down hugely on mapping costs and get something up and running easily. This pretty much leaves you with the Emerald (I've so far had 2 days worth of mapping on the MBE and it's still not as perfect as it could be. Had I gone the Emerald route I reckon I could have had a spot on map inside half a day after using one from someone elses similarly configured car).

C7 AJM

The reason for the difficulties in obtaining M3DKs until recently has been the complete redesign of the box to 32 bit operation and incorporation upgradability of the firmware for traction and launch control (coming soon) and control of the VVC mechanism (coming soon) all the new ECUs will be field upgradeable using flash ROM.

The new M3Ds are now into production and should be generally available in quantity in the next 2-3 weeks.

Oily

thanks for the replies chaps! managed to get hold of Dave Walker and ordered an ECU (32bit),comes with a base map close to the XXXbhp we expect, can map it ourselves after that.

will keep you lot posted on how we get on!

280/290bhp vauxhall?? why so little power?? must be running on three!!(check the shims lol)

TT4N.