Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tin Top

Hibster.

I'm almost awake now, phew what a 3 weeks, 2150 miles in my Landie up and down the motorway (poor thing wasn't expecting this), it's flat out on the flat at 70 and drops to 50 up hills, I even get over taken by trucks.

So it's time to buy a 3rd car 😬

I started looking at Tdi A3's and then I discovered that Seat have recently launched a TDi engines Cupra. I finally got to test drive one yesterday, well the words bu$$er me don't even start to sum it up.

I think JaseB has a petrol engined Cupra R (?) which gives him 225 GG's to play with but he has to "make do" with 206 lb/ft of torque whereas the Tdi has 236 of the little blighters. The mid range excelleration was stunning, any gear you like, off it went. At motorway speeds in 6th gear it's just at the revs where the torque and power start to do their thing, whoooo hoooo

All this and 50 plus to the gallon, at a steady 90 on the motorway it registers 52 mpg 😬

I must have one, only prob is the factory can't make them fast enough and the best lead time for one that's not standing in a showroom already is 5 weeks and that's at full list price 😳

Anyone want to buy some children? I have them in 3 sizes, the older 2 are still bone idle but the youngest one still likes to help around the house, make me an offer, never race or rallied, no rust, full service history, cheap to insure *eek*

Supercheese R250

Ive got the cupra R... 😬

Very nice car - it gets its first service next week, and its only £120, can't reccomend it enough, mind you I have got 225 gee gees 😬

If you can get the option of recaro seats look into it, they are dead cumfy, and you get bucket seats in the back.

[pedant on]

Sadly I only have 210 gg's ☹️

[and off again]

But it'll chip well apparently, up to 260 horsies and 300 torques apparently...(and probably more gallons to the mile but hey?!)

I'd never do 90mph in mine though, that's illegal isn't it *tongue*