Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Last chance Superlight

Tom

My SL1600 T reg as advertised her so many times before is teetering on the brink of heading to a Dealer, to be sold at an exorbitant price to a failed rockstar.

Last chance to buy this bright yellow rocket for £14K ono or I'm taking the (even greater loss) and walking away! [boo hoo hoo hoo]

I have email photos now!

Please buy her now! 😬

Morning All,

Sorry I only have access to the internet from work!!! *confused*

Um, car's specs are as before:-

Something like: normal SL chassis, 1.6 K-series with (apparently) just under 140bhp, but I know not why it would have more than normal. It's not dry-sumped, but it has an Apollo tank. It's done 23,500 miles I think. Suspension set-up was upgraded a couple of summers ago (to handle the same as the R300). 6-speed Caterham gearbox. Cloth seats which do the job but which I planned to change when I bought (but never had the cash), carbon wings (all 4) and nose and dashboard. FIA roll bar and strengthening racing cross-strut (or whatever it's called - I reckon it's designed to impale the passenger!). Um, what else? Usual 13 inch alloys with AO21Rs. Alluminium gear knob. Full weather gear, plus side half doors and aeroscreen from when I had the weather gear fitted (I'm a wimp). Er, plastic (GRP?) race seat.

I can't (don't know how) to create a link to my photos but can email some which a mate scanned and sent to me - they're not brilliant!!

Time running short but I'm happy to show anyone the car - though, remember, it's untaxed at the minute - because of SORN and the winter. I'm on the Essex/Suffolk border - well the car is, I'm in Ipswich.

😬

pb, that's a good question. I don't know what number she is. She does not have a number plaque like many I've seen.

She was built from a kit, according to the guy I bought from. Since then, a potential buyer last year contacted Caterham direct and they confirmed that she was a Superlight and were going to send the original sale documents to him and he was going to let me have copies, but the sale fell through and I didn't get the papers.

Hope that helps.

errrr no you didn't....check your posts below....

"Guaranteed"? I've never heard a trader guaranteeing to return anyone anything....anyway....If he's going to return you that on SOR "guranteed", why doesn't he just buy your car in at that price then, retail it himself and take more out of it?....

In any case, good luck with selling it and I'm sure you'll end up buying another Seven before too long . 😬