Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anglesey

mav

I'll have at least 40lt optimax with me in the morning. I'll have a load of tools and a Gazeeeeboooo too.

Nearest Optimax is about 15 mins away at Gaerwen (sp?) or Holyhead (more than 15 mins).

Check www.shell.co.uk for details *thumbup*

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mav,

sounds like a good plan! I'm pretty new to this caterham lark, and was a little worried about doing the spannering bit for this. The mod I'm talking about is here

If I get all the bits how long do you think it would take some experienced spanners like yourself to do?

Edited by - neil.cavanagh on 13 Mar 2004 10:48:38

Mav - what bits are needed for the mod 🤔 I through a lot of petrol out when brimming the tank - I guess my breather is just routed differently so longitudinal acceleration gets it rather than lateral.

I guess its only a few quids worth 🤔

Could you get me a set as well and post them over 🤔

Pretty please *smile*

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

A long piece of 'ose can be sufficient with some cable ties, and run it up and doen the roll bar. The alternative is to add a small valve, either like the one Fred mentioned earlier in the week or the one shown on the link above from Neil, or the ATL one from DT (it's about a £10er).

Neil and Hoopy - the proper mod is really fairly easy to do - the instructions are online somewhere, but I've downloaded the 86k PDF file and can mail that if you're interested (noting that the valve in these instructions is a caterham part number)...

I did it last year, and it works fine - used to get lots of overflow through the breather on left handers (and hence nasty petrol smells - which is how I found out about the problem in the first place...)

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

it comes out the Left hand side of the car whenever its very full or whilst I fill it with the petrol nozzle only partly on (to stop it cutting out)

Non of the connections are loose (I can see the ones around the neck and I can feel the one on the left of the tank (the return).

So I assume my breather is just pointing at a funny angle so it comes out under acceleration rather than cornering.

A valve would be better than routing the hose round the rool bar i think *smile*

Myles could you mail the instructions please 🤔 I always get a bit confused round the fuel tank as there are so many pipes there

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

Hoopy, YWHM...

The problem is that the current breather just disappears under the car and vents to air When the contents of the tank take a trip to the RHS under heavy LH cornering, they just get sprayed around the rear suspension...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Steve-B... lots of free pints for Alan for karting stuff for us....

And with regards to fuel splurging out...

Mine comes out of the fuel cap area. I'm not 100% sure if it is a vent problem or crappy fuel cap. maybe both. I'll try and get the bits for the mods off Caterham before Angelsey and either try it myself or bring it up (and some beer tokens) and attempt to talk some shedly mechanics into helping me...

ps car is a 1.8K SV.

My SV didn't do it *before the 18yr old tw4t hit me* but when it came back from Arch it now does. I and RatRace can see a tiny "ledge" down the spout below the flap thingie. Suspect splashback is causing it. Don't want to tear my car apart to resolve it, will just have to get used to fueling it slower....

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

why?

I don't mind you knwo david. The only reason i wanted it kept Shhhhhhhh to start with was so all the shedly peeps could get in on the act first. *smile*

You can put me back on if you want to. Might make some people think a bit more about what they are doing!!!

Woooooo hooooooo Anglesey is not too far away now.

Who is doing hte countdown????