Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anglesey

mav

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

If you think he is suitably mad to join us, and he won't get in the way with such a big car, and you think his standard of driving is pretty good, then invite him along.

He needs to do the same as you if he is booking in, as a minimum.

For the rest of the Shedders who have not yet paind a deposit, best get your skates on, there are only a few spaces left!!!

It's not all Caterhams booked - I'm sure I am not the only one worried about the "old but slow Metro" booked in the Intermediate group. 😳

I'm going up against naPP in the Advanced group instead!

*biggrin* *biggrin*

G 4 Geoff

I was banking on that Metro meaning there will be at least 1 car I can overtake!!

Though saying that, I think the guys in it must do lots of track days as the pictures of it show full roll cage, slicks etc etc. So they shouldn't get in our way too much (or me in theirs!!).

I was wondering what group I should put myself in... I've only done 3 track days so far (2 in my SV). But at those I didn't feel I was going slower than the other caterhams there. So I plumped for intermediate.. partly because it had the least cars in when I booked!

I doubt it matters too much really, as the more experienced amongst you are going to be nice to me aren't you 🤔 🤔

'Nice' - aaaah bless... *wink*

Actually, inters will be fine - beginners will likely be real beginners or just wanting a very quiet life (Mrs GTD if she ventures into the driving seat!) so if you are reasonably confident you'll be ok there. Though Bookatrack are pretty good in terms of discipline, you're probably best out of the Advanced group yet.

And it's nice to overtake someone out there!

*thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

G 4 Geoff

The metro will not embarress itself!.

Look at the names of the people who have booked them in - They belong to my brothers!

The one in the intermeditate group was by no means slow in September last year - Ask anyone who was there. It will be slightly quicker this year. Trust me *wink*

Chris - Just sign up 😬 It's only "invite-only" to the extent that Mav only advertised it in the Sheds.

Go on and book - you know you want to 😬

Neil - I am in the novices group and believe me I take "novice" to whole new levels of complete inability 😳 My poor husband therefore also has to put up with the novices group even though he is definitely intermediate - so he'll be having fun overtaking people 😬

Looking forward to it already

Tam

Hmmm, is it still likely that minor adjustments to the class system could happen at lunchtime???

I'm still probably best off in the Novice class - but like Neil, at my (one and only as a TDV) trackday last year (Snetterton, open pitlane), I was happily keeping in touch with experienced 7 jockeys - but this was on a (I understand) much faster and less technical circuit with very little traffic...

Oh, and Steve - I know an NSX is a bit of a step-up from a Miata, but... *tongue* *wink*

Tee-hee *biggrin*

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

I'm sure there'll be some movement between groups... I've done 30 races and with the 'blade I don't think I would really fit in intermediate or novice, but I can't see Elizabeth taking my car out in the advanced group after only ever doing the L7 Novice Day at Silverstone last year in her 7. Although I wouldn't mind taking the 'blade amongst the novices! 😬

Depends how busy each group is - BaT are reasonably understanding, but if Beginners are full, and Advanced half empty, they won't let you drop into it - Angie and I had that problem at Goodwood with them in December - so Angie just drove out with the big boys! Perhaps one of us should register in the Beginners group so that we can reserve a slot in each...? The Advanced group is looking quite empty so far...

Mind you if it rains (April, Wales - it couldn't happen!) I doubt she'll drive at all!

G 4 Geoff

And of course the Advanced group is likely to remain the smallest (partially dependent on the arrival date of the latest naPP jnr), so if necessary we could both move on up I guess!

G 4 Geoff

Edited by - GTD on 30 Jan 2004 14:55:39