Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow Engine

Bradbys

I know somebody with an all steel crossflow for sale, complete with carbs and ignition.

Was in a hillclimb single seater.

Can get you his phone number if your interested?

(Apologies I don't know it's spec)

Simon Emmens Caterham and Pussy Photos here 😬

Edited by - Manxseven on 22 Jan 2004 15:41:04

Bradbys,

If your looking for something that runs but could benefit from some tlc or an upgrade, I have a crossflow from a TVR Vixen with al the bits still attched if your interested. I'm only in Stock so just up the road if you want to come and have alook.

Cheers,

Rosso Superlight no.087

Basic. Hence the comment that it would need upgrading to be any where near supersport spec. Its currently got a single downdraft webber on a cast manifold and a standard (not sure of the code) Capri GT cam.

I took the car to pieces three years ago to rebuild and of cause things tend to get pushed down the list of priorities. Now I doubt that I will ever get round to putting the car back together and as such I would rather the engine went to a good cause than sat in the garage awaiting a time when I had the money and inclination to put it to use.

You may be do better to find one to "drop in" , but if the search ends up ffuitless or expensive. The options always there.

Richard.

Rosso Superlight no.087

I have a spare, standard 1600 crossflow engine complete, and in one piece (711M block). The flywheel and ring gear will mate with ford type 9 gearbox with pre-engaged starter.

It comes with a downdraft carb (32/36 dgv weber) and manifold.

I bought it as a runner late last summer to upgrade and rebuild this winter, planning a 1700 rebore etc, but so far I've failed to mobilise myself. It's still sitting in my garage waiting.

If you need it drop me a line.

I suggest £100 would be a fair price.

Knowing it ran OK in July I wouldn't hesitate to use it as-is if I needed an engine to get mobile.

However, not knowing when it was last overhauled (if ever) I suggest a complete strip down, clean, check and rebuild would be a worthwhile precaution.

regards