Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Complete K series head - 210 bhp from 1600cc BARGAIN !

Jason Plato

Readvertised due to time waster !!!.......

My complete cylinder head is for sale , the head is based upon the K16 casting , with extensive porting originally completed by Rob Walker , further work has since been done by Nick Stagg , all setup is completed by myself .

The cylinder head has proved to be competly reliable , and has taken me to 3 Sprint championships including overall champion in 2003 .

Full rolling road graphs are freely available . The head was fitted on my 1600cc K with just accralite pistons , Caterham competition exhaust manifold and obviously throttle bodies plus emerald ecu on a standard crank .

Even with just 1600cc it produced a reliable 210bhp @ 7990rpm and 149lb torque .The power graph was still climbing at 30 degrees but I didnt wish to rev it any further . Thats 132bhp per litre .

Dave Andrews and Peter C were have been at the rollers when it made 210bhp , Dave Andrews commented that the head has outstanding performance and incredible cylinder filling efficiency producing incredible power .

If fitted to a 1800cc engine , it is accepted that it will make 230bhp ++ .

Spec is as follows -

K16 head casting

recut valve seats

resurfaced to 22thou

Paul Ivey 29.5mm inlet valves

Paul Ivey 26mm exhaust valves

Colisbro tapered valve guides - length retained on exhaust valves .

Piper 1227 cams

Piper Double valve springs

Piper Steel valve caps

VVC converted solid followers

Piper Vernier pulleys

Brass water take off spout

Plus new cam seals

Roll pins

Valve stem seals

The complete head has been stripped cleaned ,inspected and rebuilt , reshimmed and is ready to fit . Full details will also be given to the buyer for the valve timing and induction lengths which I used .

This is a rare opportunity to purchase a complete head , ready to go , with a proven history and reputation as the most powerfull 1600cc K in the UK, goodness knows what it will be like on a 1800cc K

If you want to win sprints and complete championships , keep up with R500's on track and scare superbikes on the road ,it will also make an ideal head for a 1600 class 750 MC competitor ,then you realy should give me a ring to discuss .

Why am I selling it

As a few people know I have been working on another project engine ( or 2 ) and now I am in a position to sell and upgrade.

How much ££££ ?

Well I am looking for a realistic price , bearing in mind that to port , and assemble a head to this standard would cost you £1736 ( allowing a conservative £450 for porting ) .

So £1000 to you sir

Call me on 01633 893929 or 07771 891947 to chat .

Lotus 7 Club Speed Champion 2003 *eek*

South Wales Area Organiser *smile*

C7 TOP *tongue*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 22 Jan 2004 08:57:14