Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New *Yokohama A048 Tyres*

sgodfrey

haha anonymous just how i like it !

turned up with Gary (excess baggage) admired your slow driving then left !

Bowser seemd to be going really quickly !

Matt

1700 Supersprint, Red Loud and wearing Flares

😬 Nemesis I just clicked to send you an email of us being not-so-serious at Crois for you to see, but its a Blatchat message, so I cannot see your email - email me at

angus@tinyworld.co.uk

and I will send you a clip of what not to do with your nice new tires - about 2.8mb

cheers

angus

NEW pictures posted

here

50,000miles in 2 years

It was 😬 😬 😬

The 'dead' slicks gave almost no extra grip, but slid much more progressively! Of course, you might get told off doing this on a 'proper' tarck day - we had an almost empty track on a 'French run' (ie - casual) test day!

Not something I would try at Spa though.

NEW pictures posted

here

50,000miles in 2 years

Well, today i tried out my new 48's and i have to agree with Angus *thumbup*, they are a higher gripping tyre (even with only about 40 miles on them and operation at around 2-4C temp) though i could go through them quicker, we'll have to wait and see *wink*.

Anyone who's used 32 or 21's who fancy a change (for the better *tongue*) go for it!! *thumbup*

Martin

MW 51 CAT

Superlight No.171

reluctant to start a new thread as so many tyre ones (and i have searched the archive honest !)

what would be a reasonable mileage out of reasonably carefully used A048's ?

Strictly road use only, car is a xflow SS de-dion. I live in London so half my blat mileages are spent getting to decent roads (in other words stuck in traffic !). I think my mileage will be about 4K a yr.

will they last me a year ?

Matt

1700 Supersprint, Red Loud and wearing Flares

Martin - glad they impressed *thumbup*

Matt - we were in Balham for 18 months with the car - sympathise with the need to have to actually drive out of London to get to good roads!

To be honest I think 48's will last that long with 'brisk' normal driving.

Hot day of track driving or too much spinning of wheels is what wears them away quickly.

I still say though, that IMO for the price they are the best value for fun and grip etc. When they do go, the replacement cost is well worth it and not TOO high. Go for it.

NEW pictures posted

here

50,000miles in 2 years

Thanks Angus, I knew you would be able to answer that one !

Funny driving sth, usually first chance i get to put my toe down is the caterham Bypass ! (well when they move the cones that is...)

As long as i get a yrs use out of the Ao48's i dont mind. I've currently got 185/60/14 Firestone 660's

which i am 99% sure were on the car from new ( circa 89 - yes ouch). Soft they are not.

Steve Polley has quoted me £57 plus vat for AO48's and i think my order will be going in tmoro ! Just hope they are in stock.

Matt