Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Engine Crane & Engine Stand

Irrelevant

Been scanning Ebay for a while but nothing's come up so before I go and buy new ones, is there anyone who's got anything they'd part with for the right money. I'm after a modern hydraulic crane - 2 tonnes max if possible, and a rotating engine stand.

Within easy reach of Surrey would be nice.

BTW - I want my own ones and don't want to hire/borrow stuff.

J351 TPE . . . battered old X/Flow

I did read the part about not wanting to borrow.

I have just bought the 2 tonne folding machine mart jobby, and will be finished with it this week.I also have a Brit tools rotating engine stand, both in as new condition.I am reluctant to sell them unless the price is appealing.I am however prepared offer a long term loan if you can live with that.I am in the Fareham area.

If this is no good to you, best of luck on your search.

normalbloke.29: That's good of you to offer but I just don't like borrowing stuff. Screwfix have a 2 tonne crane for c.£180 all in, delivered, with a 3 year guarantee. Machine Mart are more expensive for the crane but do a passable stand for about £35. I've been looking on Ebay over the past couple of weeks and people have paid more for a used engine crane than they could get a new one for *confused* I realise I'm unlikely to find anyone who's going to part with these handy items, but one never knows.

Adam,

I understand how you feel, that's why i ended up purchasing myself in the end.I just can live without it now until next winter!I also hear what you are saying about e-bay madness, it's totally comical.If it's any use the Machine Mart job was pretty well made when i got it home, and has proven to be exactly what i needed, also when folded it sit's in a surprisingly small footprint.

regards

Tom

batteredoldsupersport: Thanks for the offer, but as I have a million and one things half made, a half made trailer, a half renovated house, and a tintop that needs parts . . . I can't start another project. As this weekend is the deadline, it looks as though I will be buying some new stuff then . . . . *arrowup*