Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight available

Tom

Many will recall this lovely car, particularly all the boys up at the Suffolk area meets!

My car was registered in 03/99 (T7 KCP) and has had 3 owners from new, including me! She has a full service history and during my ownership has been maintained, re-built from chassis and upgraded by Hyperion Motorsport. She has done 23k miles, all on the road, has always been garaged and has done most of her mileage in the summer. Sadly, I have never had her on a track day.

She is bold yellow and has bare carbon cycle wings, rear wings and nose cone. A 6 speed gearbox, 138bhp 1600 K-Series supersport engine, full service last summer and hardly any mileage since then, Up-rated R300 suspension by Hyperion Motorsport, Cloth adjustable seats, 4 point Harnesses, Momo quick release wheel, 13" black/polished rim alloys & AO21R tyres, Immobiliser, Carbon dash, Black pack, up-shift light, full windscreen and weather equipment plus tonneau cover, FIA roll bar, start button, spare aeroscreen and half-doors, spare alloy wheel and AO21R tyre, detachable roll-bar reinforcement strut for racing, detachable moulded race seat.

She is in excellent condition, totally confusing those who've expected her to show her age.

She was up for £16K but I'd accept £14K seeing as she's currently sitting in my garage bored out of her tiny chassis 😬

pics? I am looking for exactly this sort of combo but I am also a deeply vain person and only purchase things that look nice, so email them to jonathan@obsideo.net

Cheers

The vain man !

Edited by - jjr1 on 16 Jan 2004 15:42:51

Jonathon,

The car is a beauty, I know it well.

Caterham yellow with black pack.

It was rebuilt due to an incident on a bend in Suffolk whereby the rear gave way on some dirt in the middle of the road and the front caught the bank on the inside causing Tom to roll.

Car was totally rebuilt from ground up by Hyperion and was as good as new when it was complete.

A lovely car, wellknown in Carrotland and worth every penny of the asking price *thumbup* *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty, good to hear from you again old man! 😬

Nifty's correct about the reason for the rebuild, though I only mention to prospective purchasers when they see the car because, in all honesty, it's only relevant to some people, most people prefer to see the car before rushing to conclusions.

By the way, how many other people have had their cars professionally 'undressed' to its component bits and rebuilt with many brand new parts? Believe me, it's like having a brand new car. *cool*

I'm organising some new photos today. Hope to email them tomorrow.

I have seen this car and it is superb - if I had the money I'd buy it myself.

If its any help, you can get an idea of what goes on when a car is rebuilt by looking at my rebuild photos here. The damage to mine was more severe than Toms but as you can see the end result is better than it was before i crashed it.

Nick

Red and Black 1.6K supersport

But Nick, didn't yours suffer from 'mean psycho car-eats-man' syndrome? I though it tried to run you over? 😬 😬

Joking aside, I see there is interest, which is great, but I'm doing my best to get those photos scanned in. As you'll all appreciate, taking photos at this time of year is a pain because it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home! So, I've got some from the summer, but they're not the best, and I'll try to get them scnned tonight.

By the way I'm letting a trader give me a quote this week, so you'll all have some competition soon! *eek*

Do you know, I hate this selling lark. 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

ISTR the official peformance figures are 0-60 in approx 5 secs, 120mph flat out. Regardless of that, it wont be the straightline speed that will surprise you, it will be the handling ....

The superlight is one of the most sought-after models and a lot of people regard it as the best (if not the fastest) road 7

Oh, and mine did try to run me over but thats a whole different story *eek* ☹️

Nick

Red and Black 1.6K supersport

Edited by - Nick Woods on 19 Jan 2004 15:19:58

Always nice to have a set of figures in mind.

My only fear is that you could get seriously buggered on the long straights say at Donington, where 120 is not going to be sufficient to annihilate the fast cars that go slow in the corners *confused* I used to have this problem in my old Elise where every time I caned someone and went for the overtake exiting the corners, the bloody Skylines etc that had held me up for most of the lap dissapeared down the straight.

It led to a lot of frustration, hence why I became a big fan of bike days, where you can just stuff up anyones inside 😬

Hi Tom

Hope you don't mind me asking some questions thay may be on the lips of other potential customers:

When was the rebuild was done?

Having already seen a photo of you car I wondered why it had the older cloth seats as opposed to the newer type?

When you do the photos may I sugget you take some closeups of suspension parts etc. This will help confirm the condition. see here for an idea of what I mean.

If you want send the photoes to me and I will put then on my site for you.

Regards

Peter

Peter,

The seats: Good question. I don't know. The car was built from a Superlight kit; perhaps it was a cost-cutting exercise?

Thanks for the offer re the photos. I've got some, but they're not close-ups, so I'm planning to take some more this weekend if I have time. I'll get back to you, if I may.

PS, How come you have a photo of my car? I'm intrigued.

Oh yeah, and performance figures:

I got 4.88 0-60 in semi-wet at Brooklands.

I forgot to say, the car's got one of those Performance meters 'installed'.

The new suspension is better than the old, more standard settings, and it is the car's ability to go round a corner faster than you would dare that is it's best attribute.

The max speed is around 125mph but as Nifty said that's not the point! Anyway, you can always upgrade!! *eek* Oh no, new can of worms!!

Peter,

Keep in touch. If you sell yours, you are welcome to buy mine if it's still around *smile*

You're in an enviable position though; when I sell mine it's bye-bye Sevening for me - for the short term - but you get to carry on! BUT, in the words of the Governor of California - I'll be back!!! 😬 😬