Click here if you are having website access problems ×

POSSIBLE CATERHAM TILLETT RACE SEAT GROUP BUY

YellowSeven

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents,

I have just found out via one of our technical boffins that all the mail I sent out yesterday didnt get to where I wanted it to go due to a problem with our service provider *mad*

I have since sent out all of it again, if you havent recieved it let me know and I'll try again *wink*

If anyone else is potentially interested drop me a mail *thumbup*

Gents,

If I have sent you dimentions on a pdf file, I've made a mistake the actual seat is slighty smaller..,

The only dimentions I have at the moment are..,

Proposed Race Seat

Across the front of the seat (Legs/Thighs) - 410mm

Across under arms (Shouldars) - 445mm

This makes the seat slighty wider than the previously proposed Caterham item, which I believe is..,

Caterham

Across the front of the seat (Legs/Thighs) - 405mm

Across under arms (Shouldar) - 425mm

Also!! I am getting a load of e-mail sent back to me, undeliverable etc ☹️ It may be due to that b@stard virus *mad* If you havent recieved any info you have requested bear with it and I'll get it to you eventually *wink*

Edited by - Oz7 on 30 Jan 2004 06:25:31

Gents,

If you want pictures you will have to PM me and in return I'll send you the pictures.

The pads are alcantara and are an option. The seat is designed for a 6 point harness.

At present the seat is a prototype and everyone is individually hand made. Once its gets past this stage, not sure on time scale yet, and it becomes a full production model the price for a seat complete with sub frame would be approximately £300 *thumbup* (Carbon).

We need now to start to gauge interest so that I can try and get leadtimes and possibly sort out something regarding mounting it in a 7.

Also bear in mind the more seats we want the more weight our order will carry thus the quicker it will all be sorted.

So if you are DEFINATELY interest e-mail me with material & quantities and then I can then speak to the supplier.

Gents,

At present we have only 6-8 seats wanted. This is enought to get them at the price previously mentioned, but the supplier will not look into a sub frame for such a small quantity.

So, getting the seats at the mentioned 'bargin' price is still on, but getting a frame to mount it in a 7 isnt!!

Unless of course someone would like a winter project 😬

But I am still lookijng into to it, so dont give up hope just yet!!

Edited by - Oz7 on 4 Feb 2004 10:09:25

Have measured the Caterham (late 96 chassis) and the seats look like they will just about fit the maximum width is 40.5 cm (thats with carpet on the centre console) so the 41cm seat should just go - hopefully - with a bit of help 😬

Oz - any more news

Cheers

THE STORY..,

The seats are available and there are enough people interested to get them at the advertised price. But unfortunately the supplier will not at this moment in time design a sub-frame for the seat, nor will any other subframe in the range fit the bill.

The manufacturer has plans to market this seat in around a year complete with a sub-frame for a Caterham, but when this happens it may only be available from one place!! (You know where that is!!)

Apparently the seat will JUST fit in a standard 7 (very tight), but will comfortably fit in an SV.

The choice is now yours, if you want to design and manufacturer a sub frame yourself the seat is available. Unfortunately this is a bridge to far for me as it probably will be for many others.

I apologies for not being able to carry this buy through but its out of my control.

It is a shame as this is a quality seat at a very resonable price. If anyone does still want the seat drop me a mail and I can supply you will the details.

Sorry & Thanks

Oz7 said:

Apparently the seat will JUST fit in a standard 7 (very tight)

Has this come from the manufacturer? I'm still not wholely confident.

I can accept that the seat may fit between the tunnel and side with some persuasion (it is only 0.5 cm larger, after all); however, there's an extra centimetre either side to find around the shoulders. As this image shows, the regular seat already makes contact with the side of the chassis.

Peardrop

Oz, so what was the final price for the seats then? You quoted £300 with subframe, so how much without?

Finally, what exactly is involved in making the subframe? Does the standard Tillet come with one already fitted, or are we just referring to that pair of aluminium square section lengths that bolt through the seat to enable it to be secured to the floor or to runers?...If that's all a "subframe" is, what's to stop us using those or having someone make some square section up?

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

The price of the seat alone at present if you buy 4 off is £300, this is without a sub-frame. This is because the seat is still in its proto-type stage and each one is individually hand made. Once this seat becomes a 'production model' it may then be available cheaper and with a sub frame.

The seat has been designed for a 'certain' race car, and its not a 7

As for mounting it on box section? I'm not sure?

Also as Peardrop has pointed out I didnt check if the seat would fit a 7 across the shouldars (see Peardrops picture).