Click here if you are having website access problems ×

POSSIBLE CATERHAM TILLETT RACE SEAT GROUP BUY

YellowSeven

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something here?

This is taken from their website......... (Sorry just cut and pasted it)

DESCRIPTION DELETE QTY PRICE TOTAL

Race Seat Composite Adjustable (Driver) £299.99 £299.99

Note that your order subtotal does not include applicable sales tax.

Order subtotal: £299.99

Oz....

I know what a pain this sort of thing is to arrange, as I am arranging a sevenesque tour this year for 90 people / 50 cars I'm going through the same number crunching issues... however as timbo has bought my s types i am pushing this thread to turn into reality asap, I will be here to help, count me in as a definate and the sooner the better please cos this weekend the s types come out the car for good.

Ok so we need another 11 seats sold... any more takers? 😬

Richard

Tricks...aka darstardly

Y57 CDS "Mutley"

Gents,

I have been in contact with CC several times over the last few days, but unfortunaly I have bad news. They are now unwilling to give us ANY discount on our projected quantity (30 seats) *mad*

The reasons given by CC are below. I have responded to their answers several times but they are unwilling to deal!!..,

"...Everyone who owns a Caterham knows that your mark up on spare parts and

products is a huge amount 100% - 200%...". Unfortunately the conjecture

that surrounds our parts pricing is misleading. The margin in the seats is

a million miles from these figures - it is very low, simple as that.

"In the current rolling 12-month period, we have used 872 of these seats.

The quantities you indicated do not allow us to make a significant difference

with our supplier"

So to summarise its not worth thier while with the current projected quantities, even though it currently stands at around the £10K mark.

From here we can either continue this thread and hope to drum up more interest and re-approach CC, or simply knock it on the head? *confused* Or alternatively, we could find someone else who would be willing to take our money *confused*

Edited by - Oz7 on 27 Jan 2004 23:16:16

Fluke import MOG seats to the UK and Graham has already pointed out he can get their Tillet style carbon seats for £340 each (IIRC) which is almost £100 off.

That is still more than Caterham's GRP seats, mind. It's a lot less than their Kevlar seats, though.

So, Reverie don't want business, Caterham don't want business ... who to try next *tongue*

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 27 Jan 2004 18:37:00

Gents,

I have contacted another seat manufacturer, thats all I'm prepared to say out in the open for the moment, but the seats are of superb quality and we can get a v good discount.

I will gather some more info and post it shortly, but in the mean time if anyone is interested PM me and I will let you know more *wink*

Gents,

The story, we can get an excellent deal on an excellent seat from a respected firm.

For a fully carbon race seat the price is £300

For a GRP race seat the price is £175

The above price is for the seat only with no sub-frame/runners but if we can get enough interest I'm sure the seat manufacturer would design something to suit our needs!

Due to the suspected skuldugary that took place over the Reveire deal (you know who you are *mad*) I'd rather keep the suppliers name off the board at the moment.

For a picture of this most excellent seat as well as diementions please mail me.

Cheers