Click here if you are having website access problems ×

POSSIBLE CATERHAM TILLETT RACE SEAT GROUP BUY

YellowSeven

After Tim was let down badly on the Reviere group buy I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a Caterham Tillett group buy?

I have approached Caterham and they have said a discount MAY be possible but it would depend on numbers.

So before we can get a price I need a gauge interest. I have included the details of the seats below and the list prices.

If you are interest please post with what seat and the quantity you require, if the numbers start to add up I'll contact Caterham and see what, if anything, they can do for us.

Caterhams Mail (Summary of)

"The Caterham race seat (a product commissioned by Caterham and designed exclusively for the car) is a low-margin competitively priced part which is now fast selling to the Caterham fraternity.

We would not rule out any opportunity without full information, so if you would like to indicate your expected quantity"

Spec

Carbon/Kevlar Race Seat: 2.5Kg £470

GRP Race Seat: 3.5Kg £299

Driver Side Adjustable Runners: 1.6Kg

Passenger Side Fixed Runner: 0.3Kg

Edited by - oz7 on 14 Jan 2004 22:55:48

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oz would be interested in two GRP - subject to prices, and fixing kit

Let me know how you get on.

Also was speaking to the Guy on GP Raceware stand at the Autosport show and he was saying they might be able to do a deal on the new Tillet seat if there was enough interest.

Jason

As a matter of interest, I got the attached as an email off the back of the Reverie deal.

Came from Graham Finlayson from flukemotorsport.

"Hi Tim,

Sorry to see the **%$*&* deal fell through. I can organise a good bulk buy

on the carbon/kevlar high back seats we do if you're

interested. Have a look at

http://www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk/products/carbonfibre/

Abit less than the competition too :)

Cheers,

Graeme"

SV R HORNET cause its all yellow and black

Gents,

I have spoken to Caterham and they are insisting on wanting quantities before commenting on whether any discount can/will be given. As for the required quantities again they were reluctant to comment but a hint of needing at least 30 seats was mentioned.

I have spoken to Tim (Timbo) and he is on board in regards to helping organise the possible buy. All we need now is numbers *biggrin*

Having had a quick count of interest so far we are not doing as bad as I first thought!, we are up to around a possible 19 seats *thumbup* Keep em coming!

Edited by - Oz7 on 21 Jan 2004 08:21:42