Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Problem with composite seats

allegro

I have just brought an SLR. It’s an amazing car, but I have a small problem. As I am using an aeroscreen, at reasonable speeds I wear a crash hat. Unfortunately the very comfy adjustable composite seats have a solid head rest that pushes my head forward when I’ve got the hat on. It is the same seat as R500 and Blackbird. Has anybody else experienced this question.gif Is there a solution without changing the seats question.gif Can the head support be moulded back a touch with a heat gun?

Thanks

Andy Mac

Thanks Rob.

I've spoken to Caterham and they confirm that the seats need to come out an a suitable shim inserted to lift the front. That'll please the wife, she won't see me again this weekend.

Andy Mac

Andy

You can tilt the seat back by making longer spacers for the front mountings. I have done this on my SLR to get the FIA Petty bar in on the passenger side. I posted a thread recently about this. As well as being able to get the Petty bar in ok it makes the seats less upright.

Email me and I will email back a photo of my spacers and how I made them if you want. If you are in the North West Kent/Sevenoaks area I will be around over the Easter weekend doing some stuff in the Garden so you are welcome to come and have a look and a sit to see if the new position suits you. Actually, thats an open invite to anyone else with problems with the position of these seats. Just email me and I will give details of how to get here.

Email: andy.checkley@alphalan.demon.co.uk

Regards, Andy