Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Best place to get work done in the North West

BA

Hi

I'm looking to get a few bits and pieces sorted on my seven over the next couple of months the most important of which is a diff swap.

Anybody have any first hand knowledge of places around the north west (specifically Wigan area) ??

Cheers

Al

• Leadership Team

Hi Al,

We tend to do most jobs ourselves around here (not the answer you wanted to hear *confused*) but do you ever get to any of the local meetings? I live just south of Leigh (Culcheth) so not too far away.

Stu.

• Area Representative

Diff change. De dion or live axle? Ford or Ital?

If you're contemplating swapping the diff yourself and its a Ford live axle, I have a slide hammer you can borrow.

Echo Simons remarks and confirm John Nobles are good and Caterham approved.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Edited by - Paul Richards on 12 Jan 2004 12:38:07

I have used a local (to me anyway) small Lotus & TVR speciallist in Wallasey, Wirral (Key West Autos, 0151 653 9932, chap is called Mark). He has done a few little jobs on mine & arranged respraying. He seems a good all round mechanic, although he mainly deals with Loti rather than Cats, I am sure he could do it.

Best of all his rates are not inflated for premium cars - last time I asked I think he was £25 - 30 per hour.

Thanks for the replys guys

I wouldn't mind doing it myself but at the moment don't really have the time or space ☹️

Stu, I live in the Golborne/Ashton area so not a million miles away at all ! Where and when do the local guys usually meet ?

Paul, the car's a de dion.

Cheers for the info on local (or not so local) garages. I'll make a few calls...

Al

• Leadership Team

Al,

Generally we get to 3 of the local meets -

1st wednesday (last week *thumbdown*) - Bolton meet

2nd wednesday (this week *thumbup*) - Cheshire meet at Wybunbury (about 40 miles each way)

Last wednesday ( *thumbup* *thumbup*) - Daresbury, Warrington.

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 12 Jan 2004 22:23:03