Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hampster gone missing

tiptree

Bailey and Malibuare volunteering to help you find your little friend.

I think you can buy humane traps for mice/rats in hardware stores and just bait with his favourite food - more advisable than pussycats. Or if you are clever you could make a trap.

when I was young a friend and I used to breed hamsters. She lived in an old house that was converted from stables and the lofts ran the full length of the terrace. We used to lose hamsters regularly and they would turn up sometimes weeks later in other houses along the row. Don't give up hope.

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on Barbarella here

I had a friend with an escapologist hamster It used to climb up the side of it's cage, across the roof and bend apart the bars at the top and squeeze out I think all the local cats were scared of it 😳

71560 miles and counting... but knackered alternator ☹️

WE'VE FOUND HIM!!!!

He must have squeezed through the top flap of the cage, dropped onto the floor under cover of darkness, got through to the kitchen, out into the back hall and hid up inside the gubbins at the back of the freezer.

Thank you thank you - we even found the web site with instructions on how to catch an escaped hamster. Now I can go and clear up the book staircase leading up to the bucket trap.

Action over I hope.

tie a bit of string round its leg then tie the other end to something heavy, like a cow, then put it back in its cage, if it goes off again you wont have half as much trouble finding it because all you need to do is find the cow (which is too tall to get under the floorboards and too wide to get behind the freezer) then follow the string to find the hampster.

on the other and you could just glue it down.

or nail it to something,

like a pig,

or a hen