Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Old style low backed g/f 'race' seat

shoestring7

one of those pre-tillet Caterham 'race' jobs which only fits anorexics (or in this case an 8 year old passenger), wanted. Any age or condition.

I presented the car for SVA with only one seat, intending to sort something out later, but they wanted the passenger seat belt mounts welded up.....

I'm based in Windsor, Berks. But would be prepared to travel to collect (or sort out carriage).

Reach me on email or 01753 863517.

Cheers,

Charles

• Area Representative

Charles,

If its just to get through SVA, why not borrow a seat from someone and then take it back out after its passed *biggrin*. I'm sure there will be someone in your neck of the woods who will have one available during these damp months!!

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

I do not think that bench seats pass the SVA - which is one reason why they are no longer an option *thumbdown*. I believe the reason for the SVA failure is that the seats need to be secured to the chassis - and not just by the a*se of the driver/passenger and the four-point harnesses. The fact the seats cannot move any lower or further back does not seem to be a consideration of the Eurocrats who decide road safety.

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!