Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Area Meetings Challenge...

Lee

Thought I'd throw a long term competition into the sheds...

All you need to do;

Drive to as many area meetings in 2004 as you can in the 7. Take a picture of you and 7 there. Winner is the one who has the most photos by 31st December 2004! 😬

Rules;

Picture must include you, the 7 and some of the other people at the meeting.

Only 1 photo from each area meeting to count (12 Cambridge piccies from each monthly meeting = 1 meeting!)

Only eligible meetings as detailed in Low Flying to count (Su77on Se7ens is an unofficial meeting and doesn't count!)

Prize;

Don't know, but I'm sure I can think of something decent during the year!!! Perhaps a track day in 2005 or something.

Any takers?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea... think I counted 47 official meetings in Low Flying, and it was while reading Are You Dave Gorman? I was wondering if I could make them all in a year... and then thought it'd be more fun to throw it open to all!

well in the 6 months I've owned my Caterham I've made it to two different meetings... neither of which is near where I live...... so with a bit of effort and careful planning I should be able to grab a good few more this year.

Maybe a sub-competition of most in one week?

I think I did these in 2002 (although I might not have done Shropshire that year...)

Shropshire

Cambridgeshire

cam7 (not official)

Central London (no seven though)

North London

South London (no seven though)

Penn

Norfolk/Suffolk

Essex

Herfordshire

hmm... I have a digi camera now as well *smile*

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

• 1 month later...

Might be able to get my lazy ass to Warwick this evening I guess but I doubt the 7 will start as it's in a mood with me for leaving it in the garage for so long...

Does it count if I get a picture next to Myles's's's car if he's going *confused*

This could be a real hoot 😬

I was planning to get along to more meeting so now something to aim for. Not worried about any prizes just fame and glory will do.

*idea* What about additional recognition for the one who travels the furthest distance 🤔

Alan and his Yellow and Green BDR.

JaseB - you might be out of luck... I've just fiddled with my brakes again - and it's kinda wet round here (dissolving the huge quantities of salt that have been building up in the last week or two...)

I might wimp out of this one (first one ever) on safety grounds...

(someone said that wet salty roads can have as little as 70% of the grip of wet, clean roads... - and with my random wheel lock-up issue under heavy braking, I don't want to risk it really...)

Mind you, my parents might want me out of the house - so I might not have an option... 😳

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻