Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MSA Blue Book 2004 Head Restraints

bl0498

Hi Rob

Well the cross bar is almost dirrectly behind the farthest point back on my crash helmet.

What I really need is a plate fixed here.....

It I shorten the bars on the CC head restraint theres almost nothing left

In fact BELOW and touching the cross bar is more in line with my neck above is too high....

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Well the solution... (seems I am almost chatting on my own) *wink*

here

and

here

Any comments... seems to work with the seat out sitting on the old 1" od foam..... Now why did I get a nice new Taller Roll Bar.... Oh yes to stop sitting on the foam... *mad*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - Bilbo on 1 Apr 2004 20:57:36

• 1 month later...

Guys,

A little update after Curborough - and after I have been Assistant CofC at two other non-L7CGB events this season.

The various scrutineers I have come across are now looking actively at the head restraints issue on road-going cars. They are warning competitors at present when they find an issue in this area - at a previous event a whole group of cars of one marque were warned en-masse to resolve this problem before their next event. If the scrutineer picks it up late in the season or sees a car they have warned previously that has not remedied the issue they will possibly and justifiably fail a car on this.

I tried to look at most of the cars at Curborough and I'm pleased to say that most appeared to comply with at least the spirit of the latest regs. Those that don't will probably get picked up at MIRA etc. So if you have rather hopefully ignored this so far please do take a good look at what is needed for your car. It would be crazy to spoil a good day out on this!

Any queries you only have to ask.

Brian

Trainee Clerk of the Course (hopefully about to be promoted!)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm starting to get worried now - I've spent so much time getting the engine sorted, it'd be a nightmare to be barred at Longcross for this issue. I've got a roadsports rollcage, tillet seat. I used to have a headrest that I dumped when the car was put back on the road that had two bars on it.

I can't find anything like that in Demon Tweeks now. Caterham haven't got the stay bar.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem, Caterham out of stock 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 *thumbdown* *thumbdown*

But easy enough to make one, small section of flat bar cut to size to span the roll bar mounting holes, holes drilled then 150mm of threaded rod welded to the back of a small plate(check size in blue book) & couple of nuts to set the length, eh volia *thumbup* *thumbup*

Thats more or less all you get from Caterham anyway.

Best of luck

Unfortunately, I've not got the equipment to knock one of those up!

Does anyone know if the one in the Demon Thieves catalogue on page 286 (item 10) will be acceptable if used on a cage, rather than a roll bar?