Click here if you are having website access problems ×

fantasy sheds football

scooby dooby doo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the spectacularly unsuccessful start of my team, Impervious Albion, I've decided to enter a second team, and see how I fare against myself. I know it's early days, and what's more it's cheating, but bear with me, please.

Impervious, the team I picked with absolutely no method, after intensive lack of research, have no merit other than their ability to resist water, so I've decided to pit them against a team picked on proper shedly lines.

Allow me to introduce Eeeeeeeeeee (that's 11 e's), picked after diligent research of the available names, with the sole criterion that all 11 players' names end with the sound "ee", from Cudicinee in goal through the centre-back pairing of Perree and Terree right up to star striker Henree. [chuffed] An achievement of which I am rather proud *smile* [/chuffed]

Hoopy, YH some more M with my new PIN. Let the sillyness commence...

*wink* Come on you E's! Tee hee...

Well OK then...

I've rounded up a second team too.

The criteria for choosing this lot were...

...the initial letters of their first names should spell HOT MEAT PIES in the initial selection screen...

I tried to sort out something to do with beanos etc., but it didn't work.

So Hoopy, if you don't mind adding the Unholy Alliance in, the PIN is 582561.

Thanks.

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

🙆🏻

Bl**dy drop down boxes.... *mad*

s*d it. It worked on the initial team-building screen, but they've ordered the players alphabetically by club name in the subsequent displays.... and I can't fix the 'I' for this very reason.... *mad*

Edited by - Myles on 15 Jan 2004 15:41:05

I tried and tried, but there didn't seem to be a suitable combination *mad* I'll look at it during the next free-transfer period...

Anyway - what I wanna know (being totally ignorant about footy) - is when the scores get updated???

😬 😬 😬 😬

Those blo*dy HotMeitPaes were obviously a mistake though.... ☹️

I wonder what the ordering scheme is for people with level points? It ain't alphabetical on either team name or manager name and given that both John and I scored our twelve points in the same way (6,3,3 as opposed to Pelicos 6,3,2,1), je suis officially bemused... *confused*

Edited by - Myles on 19 Jan 2004 15:43:18

I must apologise for being so clueless, but when does the footy week run from and to??? I saw a note on the league page saying something about monday/tuesday games and resetting the weekly score - but it's beyond my ken, frankly...

What day do premiership games happen then????

Strewth - Am I ever happy not to be bottom of that pile *smile*

That was better than i expected, to avoid relegation is deemed successfull management these days 😬

Well done Jen - Raw "Kick 'em" Brawn rool over "Pretty Boys" *tongue*

Come on you (ex)Lions *thumbup*

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message

So nobody knows when the games are, eh? (Other than Saturdays, I guess)...

I thought I was the only footy numpty in the country (OK, other than my parents, sister, cats etc...)

There are 20 teams in the premiership.

Generally you get about 7 or 8 matches on a saturday, 5 of which will be at 3pm, 1 at 11am and one at 1pm. You then get a couple of matches on sunday, possibly one and Monday and probably one Wednesday.

Several things interrupt this happy schedule

International matches - they tend to come in pairs - a saturday and a wednesday - no premiership football that week

Domestic cup knock-out competitions - the English cup competitions generally have matches at the weekend with replays mid week. Generally there will be no domestic matches whilst these happen. Apart from near the end where only a few teams are left in them. Both of these are now active - at the semifinal and 1/16th final stages

European cup competions - one plays on a tuesday, the other on wednesday and thursday of the same week. Generally in pairs is two weeks running then a break for a bit. We're in a break at the moment.

so basically don't try and work out when anyone is playing - just check your score every now and then and tell us if you're winning 😬

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R