Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Le Mans 2004

Barbarella

Last thread on this subject is closed, any more shedders sent application off over Crimbo/New Year. We are now signed up and considering buying a tent and other camping gear in sales. Recommendations on tents etc welcome, also what we do and don't need to take (Sensible please - I know I don't need ball gown and tiara and kitchen sink surplus to requirements - nevertheless probably opening up BIG can of worms here)

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on Barbarella here

I have a list of stuff I always take at home - I will try to remember to email it to you 😬

There are lots of good (and relatively inexpensive) tents out there - ours is a 4 man Eurohike one which weighs next to nothing and takes two of us 10 mins to erect *tongue* My main advice is don't wear your best shoes. If its dry then no problem but if it rains................for that reason we always squeeze the hiking boots in (or else a pair of old trainers) *smile*

Otherwise its really a case of something to eat off of, drink out of and something to open your bottles with 😬 Chairs can be very useful too (the foldy-uppy things you see at race circuits all the time are ideal). I have been known to forget daft things like towels................

You will also have email shortly on something else *smile* Looking forward to Le Mans already *cool*

Tam

Ross - remind me not to stand too close to you after about day 3 😬 No shower gel? Toothbrush? I would say clean pants but far be it from me to assume things about a kilt-wearer's undergarments *eek*

Well Tam, if Rossybee gets too stinky, we just chuck him in the pool, kilt and all and hope it doesn't shrink (the kilt that is *eek*)

Have now read advice upstairs on subject of what tent to buy so will be doing my homework on that subject, and also list of what is available in the marquee. Sounds great, no need to worry about camping stoves, kettles etc. But must remember a teapot and the Earl Gray teabags without which life is not worth living. Tea made in the mug - eaughhhh *thumbdown*

crossing off days already.

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on Barbarella here

Hoops - of course we have a cigarette lighter in the seven, as well as built in bar and DVD player *tongue*

Oh, alright..............we haven't really *wink* Power is provided by two HUGE generators which also heat the pool 😬 Great for those of us in the pool, not so great for the person whose tent is next to said generators 😬

Edited to add that the power FOR THE KETTLE is provided by generators, not power for the car 😳

Edited by - Tam on 9 Jan 2004 08:10:14