Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Indicator pods and amber flashers

pinkprincess

I've specced amber flashers and white lenses for my front main indicators (as many do) and have received both these and the original clear bulbs and amber lenses.

But the amber bulbs' bayonet 'pips' that slot into the base are not located in the same position as the clear ones, so won't fit the base! The standard clear ones' are arranged directly opposite each other as you look at the bulb with the glass facing away from you, but the amber ones are 'off centre'. I'm sure there are more technical terms than this but I'm sure you get what I mean - someone else must have come across this problem!

Is it a case of having some new bulbs sent, or bases? Seems a bit trivial I know but I've tried the Factory's help line with no answer.

Cheers,

RW04FUN

I've started so I'll finish....maybe before March

You can either make them fit, or get the correct bulbs in the first place. I replace my clear bulbs / amber lenses with clear lenses and silver bulbs that flash amber. The silver bulbs can be found with both offset and oposite lugs but they cost nearly £20 *eek*.

I've had a change of plan too.....Paul phoned me back and instead of any new packages arriving in the post I've just got to file off one of the pips too!

I've since fitted the pods, headlamps and wired them all up as well as put the number plate lamps on the back. And they all work! *thumbup*

I'm finding the most obvious solutions are usually the best 😬

RW04FUN

I've started so I'll finish....maybe before March

Ah, but does your headlamp flash work 🤔

Don't know anyone who had it wired correctly at first *eek*

Easily fixed - just pin out the flasher switch with a multimeter and find which contacts give you the 'momentary on'. If this is too hard, just try switching wires around til it works 😬

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. Now had my first drive (19/12/03 17.10)!