Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Numpty tech question

not a Postman Pat

Coo that'd be grand Mr Boonster - which model are they?

And can you build me a nice workshop/garage to keep them in please? 😬

edited to add: how can you be cackola at DIY when you can strip and rebuild cars (admittedly there is a British Leyland theme...)

poomin

www.megabird.co.uk

Edited by - moomin on 14 Jan 2004 13:37:49

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"when you can strip and rebuild cars" - I know Boonie said he took one of them apart - in my experience, it's the putting back together that distinguishes the expert from the Numpty. I am firmly in the Numpty category here! *wink*

G 4 Geoff

It is indeed a 1500. In fact, quite possibly one of the only 1500s blessed by the hand of Peter May - my folks place is just down the road and my dad and he used to get on quite well, so he persuaded him to rebuild the engine for him. I gather he generally sticks to A-series.

I have a fantasy-feeling in my water than Boonie is harbouring a couple of RWA 1275s...

moomoo

www.megabird.co.uk

Ooooo Boonie my fantasies about you are coming true *eek* 😬

Just remember who you gave first dibs on them! *thumbup*

RWA is MG geek-speak for Round Wheel Arch - this is (arguably) the most desirable Midget model with the 1275 A-series engine, chrome bumpers, round wheel arches. In about 1975 they introduce the changes for the US market - which cranked the ride height, added the big black bumpers, the Triumph 1500 engine, etc.

moomin

www.megabird.co.uk

Triumph 1500 engine is/was the work of Satan. I had to put the oil cooler from a 3 litre BMW engine (I think that was from a Chevron B6) in my 1500 to keep any sort of oil pressure at idle. THEN .... there was the problem of surge under breaking, then the was the problem of low oil pressure at the top of the engine which lead to all sorts of hoses taking oil from the main oil gallery to the cam shaft and rocker shaft. Makes the k-series seem like a dream really! Then I kept breaking half shafts after beefing the engine up, then there was the rust .....

Taking the RSJ's out of the front and rear bumpers made the car handle a lot better too. Moving the battery to the boot worked a treat and stiff rear leaf springs made a difference.

Ahhhh them were the days .... I miss that car 😬

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black