Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ford mondeo heater woes,can anyone advise

Bullman

Hi Can anyone advise,heater blower will only work on no 3,maximum setting.The temperature switch to the heater works altering the temperature within the car but you are either to hot or the inside steams up,could it be the heater blower motor or the heater matrix.Any advice much appreciated.Thanks Bullman

Bullman

Common problem is the polen (spelling *confused*) filter is not changed during servicing, or is badly fitted. Water collects in the motor assembly either because of a leak past the badly fitted filter, or the filter is so blocked that its like having the fresh air blocked off all the time.

I have seen this on two cars, the first was a badly fitted filter by a main dealer, which blow the motor, and the other was just a badly serviced car.

I suspect you will need a new filter and a new heater fan motor unit.

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !

My heater control went off, i found that the multi plug that connects into the rheostat had overheated melting the insulation and causing the connectors to not connect properly ,usually just moving the plug in the connection wil get it working, but take care as it may short out, best bet is to remove the connection from the heater and rewire with some new cable and spade connectors. The connection is in the passenger side footwell under the dash accessable by removing the under tray, There are four connections be sure to rewire correctly or your speeds will not match up to the 4 positions, The rheostat is held in with a Torx bit, i have seen this fault on sevaral Mondeos