Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Default checkboxes when making a post

Steve Kirk

Each time I make a post I tick the "Click here to remember details" and "Check here to be notified by email whenever someone replies to your topic" options. Other people probably prefer other options. Is it possible that our defaults could be remembered? Given that we have to log in to post anyway, I was thinking that it could remember the last settings we each made, or record our preferred defaults...?

Checked per your suggstions (see below) but I'm still having that problem. Basically when I click "reply" to a post, only the middle checkbox is checked by default. I just tested this again on the test area just to make sure I'm not imagining it.

I checked that cookies are enabled in the browser:

"Allow cookies that are stored on your computer" - enabled

"Allow per-session cookies (not stored)" - enabled

There is a cookie for www.blatchat.com stored in my cookies folder, which appears to be being updated (i.e. its modified timestamp is within the last few minutes).

I am running IE 5.00.3700.1000 on Win2k SP4 with all latest windows updates applied. (I'm not running IE6 on this machine because I use it for testing websites for backward compatibility with IE5).

I am not running Norton internet security, only NAV.

I am running ZoneAlarm 3.7.211 (the basic version not the Pro) but as far as I know this does not interfere with cookies.

From memory I have the same problem on my Dad's PC which is the same setup but with IE6 instead.

Don't know if this is related, but noticed just now that the for sale list had new posts, but when I clicked it they were all old, but the pink "new posts" folder on the LHS was next to all the posts, despite the fact that they went back to 30th Dec or earlier, despite the fact that I read them last night. Could this be cookie related too?