Click here if you are having website access problems ×

REPEATER INDICATOR LIGHTS

Doug Bishop

I've been thinking exactly the same thing as I've got an all-black car with clear lenses on the indicator pods, so orange lenses on the sides would spoil the look completely!

Without much flat surface area to mount them on I'd be tempted to go for the clear lenses on page 191 of the new DT catalogue (free with this week's Autosport). They're clearly advertised as repeaters so I assume they would just substitute for the standard items. Only £1.49 each, so even if they're not quite the right size at £3 they might come in handy for something else!

RW04FUN

I've started so I'll finish....maybe before March

The only downside to the plan is that if you want nice clear Fiat indicators, be prepared to pay extortionate amounts to some Max Power manufacturer for the privilege. Think mine were £27, but even the dudes on the Fiat Coupe forum organising a bulk buy couldn't get 'em less than £20. Which is a lot of dosh for a small, simple item and reeks of moron tax ☹️

• 1 month later...

Just had a really good look around on the net but with no success. Did anyone ever manage to find a source for clear indicator REPEATER lenses? The £1.49 parts from Demon Tweeks are OK for the price but are not exactly perfect. Has anyone had any more success?

R400C

• Support Team

If you've alreay passed SVA then you could risk just binning them! I don't have repeaters and at my MOT a few weeks ago, the tester passed my car after doing the proper check and standing next to the car towards the rear and making sure he could see the indicators - he was happy enought to pass the car and he was in no way being lenient. Of course your local tester might see it a different way *tongue*.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Just failed MOT yesterday on lack of side repeaters ( to think I was busy worrying about all sorts of other potential problems ). Wired in a temporary setup which was enough to win an MOT cert. I think I'll be following the Count's example.

Graham