Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Another Novices Day

Site Manager

Would love to do it but it clashes with skiing holiday so another date (at Silverstone or other 'Midland' venue would be very much appreciated and well supported. I must be jinxed with these novice days as I was booked on last years but was unable to make that (car not ready that time!) Please can we have an alternative date for later in the year.

Cheers

Ezzer

I'm quite interested in this, as I keep "meaning to do a trackday"! My car currently has the standard roll bar - do I need an FIA bar to attend this day? - the application form makes no mention of it.

(I know I'll need to get one eventually, just a case of sorting out the priorities )

Dave

• Area Representative

Geoff,

Is this TDV booking up as fast as last years Silverstone one? Trish is almost tempted to do it and just in the pondering mode at the mo *confused* as the last one was so much fun. Will it be run on the same lines as Silverstone (intro session, visit course etc.)

Any chance of one in the Midlands area soon as Ezzer asked?

Cheers

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

I did the novices day at Silverstone and had a fabulous time *thumbup* *thumbup*

It was absolutely brilliant because everyone was in the same position, They hadn't been on track before and i felt it was a brilliant experience (it flew by though ☹️)

If you can i'd book it as soon as you can 😬 *thumbup*

I even managed to overtake some drivers *eek*

Viv

it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

The format of this years event is run along the same lines as the sold out Silverstone event that was run by Evoactive for the club last year.

Bookings are coming in quickly so don't delay sending in the entry form if you are thinking of coming.

We will look at the possibility of maybe arranging a future event at a central location although I would think that this would now be after the track day season from October onwards.

Geoff *smile*

No matter where you live i think the novice day is well worth taking part in *thumbup*

I really can't recommend it enough 😬

You know you want to *wink*

Viv

it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I amazes me that folk complain that an club activity isnt on their doorstep ! .

Aside from a volunteer taking time out to organise numerous events of the same type all over the UK , then only getting 20 persons at each , what on earth are the organisers to do ??.

I think everyone with a map can see that brands is 3 hours from South Wales and Silverstone .

☹️ *mad*

Edited by - Dave J on 10 Jan 2004 09:03:18

• Area Representative

Dave J,

It isn't so much a complaint as a question *wink* Brands may only be 3 hours from Silverstone or South Wales, but then Silverstone is over 100 miles from where I am now *confused* I have no problem at all with events being run around the country and I hope I have the time (and money!) to attend several of them. The point about the Midlands venue was a very simple question... *thumbup*

As it is we can't make it despite booking the time off due to other work constraints, otherwise we would have trogged down for it 😬

Anyway I hope everyone has a great time and I'm sure we'll see the great feedback on Chitchat

Cheers

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

Please forgive my ignorance, but I know nothing about track days, although I am keen to have a go. Probably a stupid question, but would it be possible to take a 13 year old passenger? My son is just so incredibly excited about our Caterham I even find him asleep in it in the garage!! He'd love the journey to Brands, but if he could go on the track............. *thumbup* *smile* 😬 *cool* I'm insured with Adrian Flux on a limited mileage deal. Is it best to arrange additional cover for the track with them? I have an FIA roll bar, but would presumably need a helmet (or hopefully helmets!!)

Paul

Paul - K70RUM HPC 235 EVO

Dave J

Was only a comment/observation not a critisism 😬 Of course everyone wouls PREFER such events to be just around the corner but never are for me. My fault for living in South Wales not the track's fault or the organisers.

Have been on a couple that involved travelling 2½ - 3½ hours. Trouble is I'm generally knkrd (tired) after such days concentrating & learning that I'd be a danger driving home for another 3 hours = overnight stop.

Alan

How do you get the dead flys off your teeth....... 😬

You will be sent joining instructions etc by the circuit around 2-3 weeks before the event.

However in the case of the day becoming full, I will notify people on the day that I receive their application that they are on a reserve list.

Geoff *smile*