Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vauxhall injection ECU wanted

Steve Kirk

My ECU has an annoying intermittent fault that makes it fail in damp conditions. Does anyone a used ECU one in their cupboard please? One club member has already kindly lent me two spare units to try out, but they have turned out not to be quite the right type.

The details shown on the sticker on the case of my failed unit are:

Bosch number: 0 261 203 019/020

GM number: 90 358 384

ID code: PT (in large letters about 1.5cm tall)

I know from looking up part numbers that this is a Bosch Motronic 2.8 unit. It is in an aluminium case with a 55-pin harness connector. This is from a late model (post 93) car - this is the distributorless type, with a twin coil pack and cam sensor at the back of the cam covers, and no conventional coil.

The car is now dead so I need to replace ASAP, so will pay courier charges etc in the interests of getting back on the road quickly.

Sorry about the repeated posts. I was using someone else's computer (which did have Norton Internet Security on it). The problem was that each time when I posted my message, I got a screen that said "incorrect username and password" so I would then try again.... whoops.

PS thanks to all that replied. I now have a replacement ECU from the ad - yet another tricky solved quickly by blatchat. 😬