Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Forum Software

Ferrino

Just wondering if the Blatchat admins/techies are thinking of migrating to a more sophisticated forum system in the near future, such as the PHP-based system in place at WSCC? It would be nice to be able to link to images within the actual thread and have avatars, conduct polls, post small files etc.......

Thanks! *thumbup*

Fair enough, but I think there are certain features which would improve the forum, which many are unaware of. For example, a more comprehensive search feature, which lets you search by username, the ability to conduct polls, a list of online members, the ability to view images without having to spawn new windows, an easier scripting interface (for example, when quoting people or coloring text), an integrated help system, ability to distinguish between members and non-members, and all the aesthetics that come as part of a proven forum package. Oh, and it's very customisable - avatars can be switched off for low-bandwidth users etc...., and it's the de facto standard for internet forums. The Westy forum is a fantastic example.

Cheers *wink*

search by username and list of online members are both done i think (but not yet released).

What's wrong with pictures in a new window 🤔 Some people have narrow bandwidth connections so would prefer pictures to open in a different window whilst they carry no browsing, even with broadband i like it that way as well

the aesthetics are fine - I've not seen anything on any other forum that actually improves matters - they just add graphical diahoera (I know that's spelled wrong )

Anything with avatars and embedded images leads to the problem of people embedding images not suitable for a family forum or to be viewd from work...

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R