Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Christmas...a baby...and a shed

Boonie Hound

Congratulations everyone if all goes well sometime in mid July you are going to be uncles and aunt to a Boonie junior.......I'm going to be a dad....just told the rentals and thought I'd spread the happy news.

Unfortunately for the last four weeks my wife has had morning sickness around the clock which is why she never made the shed Xmas dinner. Still I have learnt to sleep through her retching so not all bad...I really should not have written that.

This is our first so all tips gratefully received. Hope everyone had a Good Christmas.

Congrats to you and Mrs B

The 1st 18 years are the worst bit

As for the sleep thing, well if I were you I'd get as much shut eye as I could before July because you'll not get another full nights sleep for many a year *wink*

There is however loads of upside, this time next year your 5 month old will probably be asleep and you can be playing with the Scalextric set that you bought them for Christmas (regardless of their sex) 😬

Paul

Supercheese R250

congrats Boonie - not being parents ourselves we can't give you any tips, but I predict when baby Boonie arrives there will come a night when you are sitting with sleepless babe on lap and shedly chatting with us, while mrs Boonie gets a bit of much-needed kip.

all the best

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on Barbarella here

Well done Boonie!

Congrats to you both, as Paul says get as much sleep in as poss now, we have a 5 & 2yr olds.

Mrs Bee & I haven't had a good sleep for over 5yrs......

But I can ASSURE you, all the downsides are far far outweighed by all the good bits 😬

Rrrrrosssssss!!!!!!!

Sorry Boonie - just saw this.

😬 *cool* *thumbup* 😬 *cool* *thumbup* 😬 *cool* *thumbup* Congratulations to you and Mrs Boonie 😬 *cool* *thumbup* 😬 *cool* *thumbup* 😬 *cool* *thumbup*

Life is going to change in such a fantastic way - welcome to the world of poo that looks like tar, nappy sniffing, posit-covered clothes, projectile vomiting ... the list of good things just goes on and on 😬 😬 😬

By the way, I had occasion to discuss baby naming with my daughter a few weeks ago - she asked if we could have a baby called Mufasa, Scar or Nemo 😳 😳 😳

Mufasa Maher - I kinda like the sound of that ...

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

Pat - 😬 I guess the "Lion King" DVD landed in your house this Christmas, too.

"Mufasa Maher" would be unlikely to get on any flights to the USA or Riyadh in the current climate, I feel. "Pumbaa Maher" sounds better to me. Still, hakuna matata, as they say...