Click here if you are having website access problems ×

So how do I ?????

noddy

So how do I stop the rain comming over the top of the windscreen and landing on the inside of the screen when doing 60 -100+ mph (on a track day, today in fact at Goodwood). Dont tell me to take the screen off OR put wipers on the inside SERIOUS QUESTION ....... IS THERE AN ANSWER 🤔

R400 .......... I love it

You could try some clip on sun visors and point them at the right angle. Don't blame me if they fly off or look naff 😬

I was going to suggest to take the screen off *thumbup*but you are not open to that one.

Alt put the hood on *thumbdown*

Seriously, I used to carry a deicer with rubber wiper blade and wipe the inside as often as needed. Not the safest thing to be doing but safer than not seeing where you are going.

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

My racing info site

here

Edited by - stevefoster on 20 Dec 2003 22:00:20

Its a pain isn't it. I have often thought about making up some sort of 'gutter' for the inside of the windscreen rim - probably not worth the effort though.

Thinking about it, a simple flat piece or thin plastic cut to the same profile as the top of the windscreen and taped onto the frame might do it. Locate the plastic (or even card as a temp measure) so that it protrudes about 5-10mm above the top cirve - might be enough to stop the water rolling over the top of the windscreen froma. i am making this up as I go along - but its worth a try.

Mark - you should fit a screen and get some wipers mate! (Noddy - thats aimed at Mark simply because I have just knicked his wiper mechanism!)

As far as rain with aeroscreen/helmet, here is an idea. When I had my bike I had a little rubber scraper thingy which was a sleeve - this fitted over your gloved finger( 😳) and it meant that with a simple wipe of the helmet visor you could 'squeegy' the surface clear of window drops. You could also reach forward and cleanthe 'windscreen' of the bike as well. Might be worth a try - certainly for the helmet visor.

Updated Cartoon pictures

here

50,000miles in 2 years

• Area Representative

Noddy,

How about black sealant? Don’t laugh. Apply some sealant at home, a nice even bead, allow to dry and use a razor blade to remove contact between bead and windscreen but still allowing contact between the hood. When you re-fit the hood the bead of sealant should act as filler.

If you’re behind me and can read this, its because I’m letting you.... Pee Wee

Starting to stray from the original question but... I thought that you shouldn't need to clear the water off your visor on a motorbike if you keep your speed up and have a clean visor - the shape of it and the wind should push all the droplets off pretty effectively. Did this not work for you with the aeroscreen Mark? - perhaps the answer is brooklands screens then?

C

Charlie'n'Kermit

The plan is: There is no plan

S5EVN

Charlie

It was raining so much and there was so much standing water it was a constant battle, on the straights I could generally see a bit but as soon a I slowed down or went through a puddle it was hopeless, wasn't the best day to forget the rain-x either!

Mark

David,

120+ down the straight at Barcelona a couple of years ago. Hood up no problems, other than getting in/out with crash hat on.

At least if it comes off whilst on circuit you've got more chance of recovering it than on the M1 😬

Steve.

• Support Team

Put the hood up and unzip the rear window - this stops the car from misting up. Apart from it being a bit awkward to get in and out, it is fine. I did my first trackday at Llandow in the pouring rain and with the hood up I was able to have a much better time than those without.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

mmm, the senario was, windscreen fitted (late friday night when I checked the last weather forecast before the saturday trackday ), sidescreens in place, heated windscreen on and wipers on. LOTS & LOTS of rain and standing water. the fine mist on the screen cleared OK it was the BIG bits of rain the caused the loss of visability. So the solution looks like ............ wipe the inside of the screen with the back of your glove then eh 🤔

R400 .......... I love it

Rainex the inside and out, and if you have a full cage run some tape from the top of the screen to it. Doesn't make much difference mind! I've never found vis in the wet that bad, with screen or without, you can just about see where you are going... Sort of...