Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

fitting K series liners

tiddy1

Me again, what is the best way to fit K-series liners, the books say just push fit but is that true for the BBR liners I thought they were machined to be an interference fit but on first measurement they seem to be the same OD as the standard ones

IS heating the block in the oven a good option?

What type of sealent is best ?

Cheers

Simon

They should push in with no problem...

Around the top of the water jacket (not the top of the block) I used the Rover compound GGC 102 and by way of belt and braces, used Loctite 638 Retaining compound were the liners slides through the ali casting.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Before you finally fit them, check the liner protrusion from the block, it needs to be around 4 thou, the liners also need to be level with one another, lapping in with fine grinding paste can settle a liner down a bit if it is too high, swapping them around between cylinders can also help. If the liners are too low then the block will need decking to set the correct protrusion. The liners should fit easily with no problems, just make sure the mating surface in the block is clean and even. A bead of hylomar as suggested is all that is required to seal them.

Oily