Click here if you are having website access problems ×

So, have you been behaving properly while I languished on my sickbed?

FH

Tut, tut *mad* Sadly it seems some people have been abusing the Headmaster's generosity, playing with all the gizmos in his private cupboards 😳

To quote that silly ad about devils and idle thumbs, in order for the baddies to make their way back into HM's good books, may I offer an alternative source of amusement in order to avoid a detention ...

here

FH *cool*

Hello both *biggrin* Better enough to poddle about but still feel a bit wobbly ☹️ Went to my fave butcher yesterday and got two brace of partridge and a brace of pheasant for a tenner *thumbup* Ahh, the joys of living in't' country *tongue*

FH *cool*

Welcome back FH

I like the game, I'm just wondering where the flames at the back of the reindeer are eminating from, best not to ask I suppose.

I wouln't know a gizmo if it bit me on the 🙆🏻 but come to think of it I do have a number of unexplained bite marks on my nether parts 😳

Paul *wink*

Supercheese R250

Boonie, thank you very much for the gifts *smile*

Hello Myles *biggrin* You do realise just how privileged you were to see me at all that day *tongue* All the effort I put into making coffee sent me on a swift decline and back to bed for another few days *eek* 😬

The coffee is our local 'proper' grocer's own blend created to imitate Jamaica Blue Mountain... and jolly good it is too *thumbup* *thumbup* If you'd like me to get some for you, just mail me with quantity (and whether you want beans or ground for whatever method) and next time I'm there, I'll purchase some. IIRC it's £1.35 per 100g compared with £7-something for the JBM 😳

They also cure and smoke their own bacon and will vac-pac *thumbup* Their smoked local cheeses and smoked garlic are *tongue* *tongue* too 😬

FH *cool*

Edited by - FH on 18 Dec 2003 14:28:30

Ah, yes please *cool* *thumbup*- I'll send you a mail offline for some beans... I don't usually drink coffee without some kind of sweetener - and was a bit disappointed (to say the least) when I tried it with my regular mixture after getting back from your place *mad*

I got hooked on JMB sometime last year before I started grinding beans - but at 20 quid for half a kilo (IIRC) from Tesco's, I couldn't justify it.

I was wondering why it took you so long to come back online...

Regds,

Myles

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

FH

Oooops, did I break the etty ket and do a fow pah 😳

Thanks for the napkins but I've already got my Tommy Tippy bib on (it's one of those with a nice trough at the bottom to collect and recycle the bits of food and dribble) 😳

PD

Supercheese R250

Hooper, this is the Bermudian version of Egg Nog

6 large eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1 1/2 cup brandy

1/2 cup Black Seal rum

4 cups milk

4 cups cream

1/2 cup icing sugar

Nutmeg

Separate the eggs, and beat the yolks while slowly adding the sugar. While still beating the mixture, add the brandy, rum and then the milk and half the cream.

Whisk the eggs whites until stiff, then fold into the first mixture. Serve into 8 glasses. Whip up the remaining cream and icing sugar until nice and thick. Add a dollop of the sweetened whipped cream on top of each glass of nog. Add a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Black Seal isn't available in this country but I've still got about half a bottle *tongue* *tongue* so I guess I might just make up a small batch for Chrissy 😬

I've also got about two measures' worth of JBM in the freezer (Mav and Miss M's ickle pressie to me a while back) *thumbup* Saving that for when they come to visit *tongue*

FH *cool*