Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Low profile cycles!

boughtoneatlast

Hi All

Can anyone help/advise/point me in the right direction............ *biggrin*

I am looking to replace my crazed cycles and also want to have them lower to the wheel. I currently run 14" wheels with 185/65 032rs. I have seen many cars with cycles that hug the wheels much better than mine and wondered what stays and where to get them from....

I will be bonding the wing so do not need any bolt clearance.

Your help appreciated

Ex 1.6 SS, now 186bhp!!, it flies

You can get really cool ones like this from The Seven Workshop. IMO, standard Cat ones will never be as close fitting as these.

I have been looking for some for a while and stumbled accross their add by accident. Don't know how much they are - haven't got round to calling them.

J351 TPE . . . battered old X/Flow

Edited by - AdamHay on 17 Dec 2003 23:41:42

Edited by - AdamHay on 17 Dec 2003 23:42:17

Try these here

These are 20mm wider and reduced radius - ideal for >185 section front tyres. Will fit low profiles on a 14" rim, look best however with 13" wheels.

Only made in unlaquered 4 layer Carbon with kevlar lining they cost £300/set. Delivery 1-2 weeks

Plenty of Blatchatters use these.

DITP - Carbon Fibre for Composite Fetishists

Dear bought one etc

No. don't think the Vauxhall race stays will fit. I can only just get 13 inch and 60 profiles in and your tyres are bigger diameter and higher profile.

A couple of limitations are that you need to be able to get the wheels on and off without having to unglue the wings each time *confused* and that the tyres will 'bend' a bit under cornering.

Others' suggestions sound the way to go. Good luck.

Andy

Hi, I have gone down the combined route, ie have Seven Workshop fit wings from Dog in the Park.

These are the second set of front wings which have been lowered.

The first set were standard Caterham wings, but these are just the wrong shape to lower and get sensible fit to the wheel. Best solution I found was get the front right and accept the solution at the back. That lasted 12 months and I could not live with it, and brought some of the DITP wings which are fantastic. I have these bonded by Chris on modified stays.

Getting stays correct is important to enable wheel to come off and to enable tyre flex for trackwork.

Results as Arnies photos show very neat solution.

Tip one - have a look at those which have been done well

Tip two - get DITP wings

Regards

Anthony

Now where's the hacksaw to cut the secondaries...so the Raceco can will go on.