Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Car Handbook

Maccers

I have just received a handbook from Caterham, great. Thing is I have a 1700 X-Flow, which the book does not cover.

Where should the water level be up to? As there is no plastic ball as found on Vauxhall 1600's.

RM.

Thats strange cos I got a handbook last year and it covers the x flow and vx engines and I think the k series as well. I think that you will find that the water level can only reach the overflow pipe. A sealed system maybe different.

• 4 weeks later...

The closest you'll come to a workshop manual. It covers all Lotus and Caterham cars upto the HPC (2.0 Vauxhall) but not the K-series - unless it has been updated since I got mine.

If read in conjunction with the build manual and the Haynes manual for the donor car, you won't go too far wrong.

Cheers,

Graham

Tony Weales book goes into some considerable detail on all aspects of 7's. It doesnt cover the most recent changes such as k series etc but for live axle cars with cross flows or VX it is a must. the book does cover de dions as well and goes into some considerable detail on suspensions, g/box's, axles and bodywork. If you play with your car a lot then its worth getting. Afraid that I cant advise on where you can get a copy other than to approach maybe Waterstones or similar.

Has anyone got a Xflow build manual or the Tony Weale book that they could lend/sell to me? I have recently got my Super Sprint and dont know anything about it regarding oil/water/tyre pressures etc. Nothing at all! Help me.

regards.

Alex

1700 Super Sprint smile.gif

oops....there goes another hat teeth.gif

John,

Does the book have anything about changing rear wheel bearing on a 1996 Live axle X-Flow, I bought the car 2nd hand so I don't even know what type of axle it has. I just need the answers to the following questions...

1. What bearing do I need to buy?

2. How do I remove and fit it?

I've been looking for a book for the last couple of weeks, things are getting tight now though as I need to replace this bearing before the Brooklands day on the 12th May.

If you can help my fax number is 01628 629967

Thanks

Shaun

OK guys I've brought the book to work with me and will set about faxing what i think are the relevant pages. I'm happy to chat on the phone so if what you get does not answer the question then give me a call. 01274 593411 up until 5ish.

John E.

Just picked your stuff up from the Fax. Cheers. I'll have a look through it all and let you know if I need anything else. All looksd good though. Thanks again.

1700 Super Sprint smile.gif

oops....there goes another hat teeth.gif