Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sikaflex

Gridgway

It takes about 24hrs to fully cure from my experience. Couple of tips-firstly it sticks to everything like proverbial to a blanket so try to work carefully, however if it gets on your fingers/paintwork/favourite mug it can be removed with white spirit. Secondly make sure you roughen up the wing stay to ensure a good bond.

I have also used it to fasten mudflaps to the front wing lower edge (I live up a very mucky farm track) and even with a fairly small contact area they have stayed perfectly stuck.

Bruce

Knif

A ceremonial dagger - traditional orange plastic handle, blade inlaid with iron oxide and Sikaflex. In rare medieval daggers the blade was formed in one continuous piece by ancient artisans and can be sharpened using a special stone extracted from meteorites (or so it is said).

Later less valuable daggers use a segmented blade that can be snapped off using a special technique called 'Jabdefingeranbleedalot'.

On a related note, just such a medieval dagger featured on the antiques roadshow recently and was dismissed as 'just a crappy old 1950's carving knife' However it was subsequently correctly identified by the British Museum and sold at Sotheby's jumble sale for £0.10.

Startled owner Keith Jecks later said "I had no idea of its true value, I kept it in my tool box and used it to prise off my cycle wings"