Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mmmmm weeble....

Mrs Mav

Pat - that's the one - now every time that comes on the TV my wife has to give me a sedative and a bit of a lie down in a dark room cos I frequently start shouting at the tv.

I have noticed that more and more I am starting to rant at the television - for some reason Countryfile brings on my hulk alter-ego. Is this cos I'm getting older and if so should I go and buy nose hair clippers?

boonie, Mrs. B is leaning more and more to a tranquiliser dart gun for my talking back at movies and the tele in general.... 😳

then there's her general disgust with the dynamic rewording of songs i do which really pisses her off 😬

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

Shouting at the TV/radio is a noble institution. Sport of Kings, it is.

My personal favourites are mostly radio programmes:

"Thought for the Day" on "Today" - often good for a pre-work rant

"Any Questions"

"The Food Programme" if Derek Cooper is presenting it

"Loose Ends" (God, I hate that)

It's a shame that "Stop the Week" has been taken off as that used to really get me wound up on a Saturday night before going out to the pub.

All good shouting radio.

Ceefax and BBC news are also good because of the lousy grammar and mis-spelt captions. Ignorant contestants on quiz shows are good, too.

Adverts are also, of course, fair game. Anything to do with debt or releasing pensions early is highly shoutable.

I also had to sit through the first half of "Lord of the Rings" last night and couldn't stop myself laughing when I was sure I heard them say that they had to go to the Hall of Enron at one point. But I hate Tolkien and I shout at his books. I shouted at a Ben Okri book once, too. It was such utter bollocks, I had to.

Oh, I feel much better for that now.

I thank you.

meldrew, the theekest dink is about to come on bbc-2.

being home sick with cold, i'll be far more acid tongued at the stupid tw4ts than normal...and Mrs. B just got home...

i'm going to go hide in our room, so i don't get shot *eek*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD