Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Big Red Starter Buttons

YellowSeven

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents,

I think I've sent out everybodies now, If you havent recieved yours let me know, (but please bearing in mind the holiday post) but after tomorrow (Tuesday) I'll be away from my e-mail until 5th Jan, so if theres any problems I wont be able to respond until then.

PS If anybody fits theirs post some pictures

CORRECTION after physical check - The outer two are the press to make.

BRG Summertime Brooklands SV 😬 It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 29 Dec 2003 12:16:38

Dale YHM.

I'll try to put the wiring diagrams on 7faq 😬

BRG Summertime Brooklands SV 😬 It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 22 Dec 2003 22:19:06

I found this old thread.... positioned the button below the 2 central guages and it looks great .... wired like this it can be turned over with no ignition key .....not so sure thats a good idea....also I used the 2 outer terminals at the rear of the button.

Fitting the Big Red Starter Button couldn't be easier, this was how I (Kevin Thomas) did it:

1) Disconnect the battery.

2) The hard bit, work out where you want the button to go, and cut a suitable sized hole, being careful not to catch any wires behind the dash. I used a drill to make a series of holes to get a rough hole and then finished it off with a Dremel.

3) Measure the distance between the button and the ignition and cut two lengths of appropriate ampage auto electrical wire (allowing for cable routing). Cut a third length of wire about 6 inches long.

4) Take one of the long lengths and the short length and twist the ends together and attach a female spade connector. Attach a male spade connector to the other end of the short cable and a suitably sized female connector (for connection to the button) to the other end of the long wire. This is wire A.

5) Attach a male spade connector to one end of the other wire, and again, a suitably sized female connector to the other end for attachment to the button. This is wire B.

6) Remove the black shroud from the rear of the ignition barrel, it should just slide off. Feed the new wires you have assembled through this shroud.

7) Locate the connector on the ignition barrel with two brown wires attached, remove this connector and taking wire A, attach the female spade connector to the ignition barrel where you have just removed the brown wires. Connect the male spade connector to the brown wires you have just removed. Run the remaining long end to one terminal on the button.

8) Locate the connector on the ignition barrel with the red & white wire attached, remove this connector and taking wire B, attach the male spade connector to the red & white wire. Run the other end of the wire to the other terminal on the button.

9) Reconnect the battery, turn on the ignition using the key and press the button. Simple really!

Road7runner S7S.1.7 X flo

The outer pair are the push to make. I snipped off the inner pair and soldered to the inside of the outer terminals.

Apart from looking much better than the black button I had, the RED button feels so much more smooth, silky, luxurious 😬 Mmmmm *cool*

Edited by - Tony_Whitley on 29 Dec 2003 10:19:50

Definitely the OUTER two terminals are the press to make - just physically checked mine.