Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cats are stupid

Nick Woods

..well one of mine is anyway

I had cause to go out in our tintop last night about half an hour after getting home in it. George, our male cat, was sitting in his usual place on the still warm bonnet.

I got in and started the engine. George just sat there, looking around.

I engage reverse and start to gently back out of the drive. George still sat there, looking around.

I get right out onto the road and start to go forward. George still sat there, looking around.

I start to drive off, albeit slowly. George still sat there, looking around.

By this time I am pi$$ing myself laughing and decided to stop about 25 yards up the road, apart from any concern about the cat I couldnt see where I was going because I was laughing so much,

I did think of trying to see how far George would stay there for, or to see how fast we could go before he got blown away by the slipstream but decided that it was a bit cruel, so in the end I jerked the clutch a bit and he got the message and jumped off.

The moment I got back home he was straight onto the bonnet so I may do a more controlled test tonight 😬

And they say cats are cleverer than dogs *eek*

Edited by - Nick Woods on 9 Dec 2003 12:12:02

Cats definitely are stupid, one ran out of a hedge in front of my car this morning...luckily there was no one behind me as I executed an emergency stop *eek* 😳

Black cats should be made to wear reflective coats when they are out in the dark 😬

*wink*

Rach

"Emergency Stop you have been found guilty by a jury of your peers. You are sentenced to be taken hence to the prison in which you were last confined and from there to a place of execution where you will be hanged by the neck until dead and thereafter your body buried within the precincts of the prison and may the Lord have mercy upon your soul. Take him down"

Miss Rach is nothing if not firm but fair 😳

Paul

Supercheese R250

there is a festival in the town i'm from in Texas called the:

Splat the Cat Festival

it's because a cat was run over on the motorway in mid-town, and the road crew came along and painted right OvER THE CAT which left a stripe with a hole which was the outline of the little moggy in it.... ☹️

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD