Click here if you are having website access problems ×

First Time...

Mrs GTD

Thanks for all that Andy. I've passed your comments on to Geoff concerning the proposed driving style at Goodwood - when he stops laughing I'm sure he'll reply himself. I must say you and (na)PP have been most helpful... Say hi to Miss B and S & S.

BTW GTD wouldn't let me buy the number plate I wanted - it was D7XON - too much money apparently 🤔

Myles - I'm sure GTD will read your comments & lert you know if he can stil source the gloves you mention.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy B - what can I say - I get back to my desk after a couple of days of exciting full on planning action to find you encouraging Mrs GTD - and she is well aware that Goodwood is a flat out (in second gear all the way) circuit!

(na)PP - the very idea that Angie would ever listen to words of wisdom from myself...! *wink*

The day is open pit lane BTW - the weather forecast is currently looking a bit grim... *thumbdown*

G 4 Geoff

GTD- Goodwood in the wet sounds an ideal for Mrs GTD's first trip out, All those spins should be really enjoyable. Flat out in 2nd surely you meant 4th, go on let Mrs GTD really go for it. Anyway if its wet you wont be able to see where your going, got to be a good thing if your feeling nervous 😬 😬

Rachael

Sorry I missed the car park dancing - was out with people from work on Wednesday evening and somehow came over all tired and emotional on Thursday morning - not sure why - it can't have been dehydration, what with all the beer and wine I drank, so I may have caught a bug?

Anyway I hope the rain gods were impressed by your solitary jigging!

*cool*

G 4 Geoff

the CR500 is a directional tread - if you run it backward it simple won't work in the wet.

The only reason for running some tyres backwards is that they DON'T have directional trade but do have a construction that's slightly directional. So the big ACB10s are designed for the rear of an F3000 car and the small ones for the front - the arrows respect that. On a 7 you run with 4 small tyres, so on the rear you run them backwards as the main force is acceleration not braking.

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

Blimey - tech talk in the sheds, whatever next - friendly postings upstairs! I don't think so..

We run the front CR500's backwards in the dry as the main force they receive is under hard braking... But they do have tread that forces water to the outside of the track when run forwards (and hence aquaplane nicely if run backwards through puddles!)

Anyway, Racheal has done her thing, so there will be no rain. I believe! Repeat after me! I believe!! *thumbup*

G 4 Geoff