Click here if you are having website access problems ×

First Time...

Mrs GTD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Mrs GTD 😳 *wink*

Main advice is to have a great time *thumbup* *cool*. Spend the first few sessions just getting used to where the track goes, the right line, cars flying past, etc. The lines will seem odd when you are travelling slowly, but they make more sense as you speed up.

Also, if it is sessioned, my personal advice would be to skip the last session - that's when people try to do their most impressive moves/times as time runs out, it can be less fun than others. However, that's just a personal thing, Geoff may have an alternative view.

Where are you off to?

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

just do a few laps at a time. Don't be worried if first time out you do 3 laps in 3rd gear - your stamina and knowledge will increase.

You'll be slow, don't worry about that - its only a worry if you try to be fast.

skipping the last session is a good idea - try and get a ride with someone really quick for the last session

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

Thanks all. The track day is at Goodwood, which I think is a pretty tricky circuit. I get worried about holding everyone up, so I plan to buy some 'L' plates to stick on the back of the car 😬

Luckily GTD has taken most of the stickers off the car, so it won't look as though it has someone who knows what they're doing driving it!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Hoopy - third gear? I didn't know it had one of those 😳

Tam - pootling sounds like my sort of speed *thumbup*

Have fun Mrs GTD *thumbup*

I can't really give advice as I have never gone on one ☹️ But listening to the safety brief at Silverstone this year I would say go at your pace, enjoy the day, listen to what instruction you get and it's better to come in once your tired than push too hard.

I am now green with envy 😬 *thumbup*

Afternoon Mrs GTD, a few tips for you, Goodwood is a flat out track, dont worry if you feel you are carrying to much speed into the corners, your natural reaction will be to brake but this will make you slow, so just close your eyes on approach to a corner, this way you wont have the urge to brake. (plus you will have Mr GTD there to make any corrections to your steering input) serbie and sasha say hi 😬 😬

If it's the cold you're worried about (ahem, bit late this...), Mr. GTD was able to source some thermal inner gloves from work wasn't he (this is getting more and more urgent for me - it's only my hands that suffer...)

Are they still available??? I've tried some silk and lycra ones (careful Alex...), but they aren't *that* warm...

Regds,

Myles

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Thanks Boonie, Should be out and about soon, picking up my new car on Saturday, fingers crossed. i'm so excited. *biggrin*Think i have forgotten what it feels like to drive a 7. I've even gone out and bought her a private plate for xmas (keeping up with the Dixons and all that) 😬