Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ice is not nice

Badger Bill

Blimmmin' L *eek*

Having got the car back on Saturday (WOO HOO 😬 *cool* *thumbup*) I drove to work this morning. I could see that it was cold (ie ice everywhere on cars and frosty hedges) but I never expected that I could not drive my car in it!

Twice I had twiches both could have been fatal were it not for the fact that I was still going at learner pace due to the newness of the brakes and the coldness of my fingers!

TAKE CARE IF YOU ARE GOING OUT! IT IS LEATHAL! *thumbdown*

BB

Almost saw a crash this lunchtime.......

Three lanes of traffic going towards a set of lights at a big wide T-junction.

The lanes sweep to the left and it is possible to carry quite a bit of speed through.

Woman in astra in first lane behind something else, the rest of us in the 3rd lane, centre lane clear.

Woman nips into centre lane and floors it now turning into corner......lights go red....

Now the smart thing with the right side of the car already loaded would have been to keep the foot in and get through the light...

No.....No.......hits the brakes.......car sideways......caught it *thumbup* then it snatched the other way *thumbdown*

Ended up sideways on the white line at the lights in between the two cars in lanes 1 and 3........no contact *eek*

Thank goodness......I was on my way to the airport and didnt really fancy being witness to what could have been a quite serious accident.

Have engine.......need car

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Rosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Thanks, that conjours up such a nice mental image, not

I see that a new branch of Machine Mart opened in frosty Dundee yesterday so it's not all bad you could go buy amd nice space heater for DH3 and his bits *wink*

Paul

Supercheese R250

well I was pleasantly surprised by Glasgow *eek* *tongue*

damn cold but at least it wasn't peeing it down like it was when I left home.

oh, and because we are working on a university site there were lots of young ladies for me to lech at 😳 😬 Think the wellingtons and hi-vi orange jacket may have been putting them off though. *eek*

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*