Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Yoko tyres

Swiss_Tony

They are a lot harder than the soft compound ( 32r's are only in hard , soft , supersoft ) .

I understand they were left over from a one make saloon car championship in japan .

I have heard of them lasting twice as long as the Soft compound - about 9K on the rears by the particular owner who did about 3 trackdays and thr rest road mileage .

The side profile came out looking almost identical to the 185/60/13 32R's .

Hope this helps .

Lotus 7 Club Speed Champion 2003 *eek*

South Wales Area Organiser *smile*

C7 TOP *tongue*

• Leadership Team

James,

I'm running the 215/50-13 hard on the rear (7"), with 185/60-13 soft on the front (6"). According to Steve Polley the difference between the hard and the soft is very similar to the soft to super-soft. I'm really impressed with the setup, and oddly enough the handling feels very balanced, much better than my previous choice of 185/60 21Rs all round. I've done 3 track days on this combination this year, including the wet day at Oulton - hairy but controllable. Also had an informal day at Curborough (see this months Low Flying) and set the fastest time of the day. I can assure you the guys running 21Rs were pretty pi**ed-off at the grip I could get from the "hard" 32s.

As a road / track day car I'm very impressed with the balance I've achieved of grip verses wear. I've done around 3000 miles so far, and they hardly look worn! 3000 of the type miles I've done would have near murdered the 21Rs, and additionally they shouldn't overheat on a hot track either *thumbup*

Stu.