Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2004 Speed Championship - Confirmation of Dates

Silver 21

Having finally spoken to Wiscombe & Harewood I can now confirm the dates for next years championship.

Sat 28th Feb - Technical Forum/Intro to Sprinting Day

Sat 3rd April - Lydden Sprint

Sun 25th April - Llandow Sprint (track day for competitors on the Sat)

Sat 15th May - Curborough Sprint

Sat 19th June - MIRA Sprint

Sat/Sun 3/4th July - Harewood Hillclimb (2 day event, practice Sat, Timed Runs Sun)

Sat 10th July - Loton Park Hill Climb

Sun 29th August - Curborough Sprint

Sat 4th September - Aintree Sprint

Sat 11th September - Wiscombe Hillclimb

Sun 7th November - Awards Dinner at SHRMF

So , 9 Events in Total with points from 5 rounds counting towards the championship *thumbup*

Championship Registration forms will be in January LF hopefully and for those running standard 140bhp 1.8 K Series you are eligible for Class 2/3 in 2004.

Graham

Competition Secretary (but for how much longer??)

*cool* How many events for 2004?????? (It looks like 9) *cool*

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon,

Work is slow but maybe a result in a couple of weeks. We found a new block from..gues what... a fork-lift truck! Not sure if thats good or bad, we'll soon find out *smile* Rest assured theres no special ingredients or cheating..unlike you and your fancy suspension and cheating track day practices 😬 😬 😬

Matt, so is this going to be a standard 1600cc engine 🤔 i just had a look at the regs and there is nothing to say that you can't chuck a bit of money into the engine and end up with 120bhp against all the grads boys with 100bhp.

You have got me worried, cos i don't think my aeroscreen is worth 20bhp ☹️ *thumbup*

Rob

Ford: Engineered for life - built to rust!!

You think my Dad is going to chuck any money into anything....he's Welsh for goodness sakes 😬 😬We dont want more than 100 because we'd only be cheating ourselves anyway, were just looking to improve (our currently lacking) driving skill. However, all my efforts have failed to part his love affair with the flared wings, dunno how much reduction in Bhp they're worth, but I do know they make the back 'straight' at Mira bloody scary- as the front begins to take off! *eek* *eek*

...mmmmm...so that makes you 1/2 Welsh....I knew there was something *tongue* *smile* *smile* *smile*

I always wanted cycle wings because when I was a boy flared were the norm...now I kinda like flares......as cycles are the norm..... *confused* *confused* *confused*

Anyway last few minutes here at work.........Christmas shopping awaits me in Newmarket High Street ☹️ ☹️............

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to be able to enter the Sprints for the first time this year, just trying to work through all the logistics.

Looking at Calender for 2004 I see there is a Technical Forum/Intro to Sprinting day on the 28th Feb. Can I ask what this will involve? I assume as a first timer it it would be very useful for someone like me to attend so has a location for this been set ?

Apart from the MSA blue book is there anywhere (hopefully online) that lists which tyres are List 1a/1b?

Alan and his Yellow and Green BDR.

Alan - I think the technical forum/intro day is going to be held at thhe Sir Henry Royce Memorial Foundation which is in Paulerspury near northampton....

not entirely sure of content but from the title think some of the time will be devoted to new comers to ask questions on any aspect of sprinting etc etc and some of the other time for representatives of each class to argue the toss about rules and regulations *tongue*

I have never seen a comprehensive list on the web of list 1a/1b tyres

bascially anything half decent found on caterehams (yoko 21, 32, 48 etc avon acb10, cr500's etc) are in list 1b, and anythting hard as granite in list 1a *confused*

rob *smile*

Alan

Rob is right in his description & location for the 28th Feb.

With regard to Tyres the only place to find what is acceptable for 2004 (it does change) is to apply for your licence and you will recieve a copy of the Blue Book.

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* How many events for 2004?????? (It looks like 9) *cool*

Alan,

There may be other places which list the different tyres but unless tyre make is free then there is no point in looking anywhere else than the blue book. The officials rule by this book and will not believe the line "I'm sure it said on the website that 32R's were on list 1A" *thumbup*

Rob

Ford: Engineered for life - built to rust!!