Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mornington Crescent

Rhubarb

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute, have you not spotted the obvious mistake? This is clearly the First Friday....So using Hoopers mainline variation I am entitled to play Putney, but chose to Huff, which takes me all the way to Dollis Hill *thumbup*

Owner of *thumbup*The Wombat *thumbup*

membership number 10765

Damn, Smythes Humbolt...I see you are an experienced player Buda. Humbolt does allow me to double platform, though and so I will link the new King George the V to your Streatham common and play off of Wapping. Let's see what you make of that while I have my Tea.....

membership number 10765

just to avoid the cirumfrencial issues associated with wapping, and, due to the radius interferences inherent therein you leave me with only one choice, albeit a pragmatic one - Embankment, now since I have previously played liverpool street that will entitle me to factor out (ratio of 2:3 I believe) your putney to put you on the back foot once again.

oh and I've had my tea so there. *tongue*

Back from Tea, the time has clearly allowed you due consideration of your move and I must say despite being pragmatic it is quite wonderful, given the circumstances. Embankment recalls the move made in the great Norwich Gambit of '35. Johanssen used it to his advantage claiming Arsenal but his opponent Bunuel took him via Cockfosters. I will try the Colour coding rule found within the Hugenot manouvre and move forward to Canary Wharf using the Green and Yellow of your Embankment.

membership number 10765

well played sir, well played

the opening however is all to clear, basing my submission of SEVEN SISTERS on the presumption that, as in johansson's almanac, cockfosters has indeed already been played and golders green is unavailable that this will put me in a prime position for the next phase to begin

Gentlemen it has, indeed, been an honour to play with such talent. However you have fallen for the schoolboy error of allowing the previous line and your Sisters in the Mornington Crescent.

Once again Thankyou Gentlemen.

membership number 10765