Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How much ??

Simon Horan

At last my rear exit exhaust is showing enough signs of wear for me to perform the required surgery to convert to side exit.

I have been quoted 345quid plus the vodka for the 5 inch.

This was more than I had anticipated - is is really just a case of grin and bear it or are there alternatives ?

Simon

345 seems alot for an un-repackable exhaust. Have you considered a repackable one such as from techcraft? It shouldn't cost alot more and you can just repack it when it starts to get noisy.

Alex

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

_________

/ /

___ _/______ /_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) \/ /

/___/--_________/--/___/

Alex,

I think the 345 includes the headers. Thats zero price increase since I bought my first crossflow car in '91.

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a not so Slow Vauxhall wink.gif

Edited by - fat arnie on 26 Mar 2001 21:48:20

Simon, why bother to spend all that money just to get a side exit? You can take off the rear tail pipe, shorten the front section to move the silencer foreward 6" and just get a neat ss side exit tailpipe made, complete with bracket and rolled end.

I did mine last year, and my local firm charged me something in the region of £20 -£30, it now looks a treat, is only a little louder, and I've saved money to spend elsewhere [or is this typical female logic?]

Of course if you're after more power, with a 4-1 system with bigger primaries and secondaries, that's a whole different ball game.........

Paul,

fair comment and it has made me pause for a bit but I know that in the fullness of time power is the issue (as well as the fact that the pipe is nearly shot)

I suppose I should consider when the power will be different, It may be a good short term option.

I seem to remember you mentioned this option a short while ago ?

Cheers

Simon