Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O.T. Rolls Royce Elec fault

Roland

O.T but I am pulling my hair out now !!

Silver Shaddow 1 1975. Engine quit whilst driving. Fuel is getting to Carbs. It starts...for a second or two (runds smoothly) then dies. Good spark ay King lead upon cranking. any ideas folkes...thanks.

Roland

Does it hae a fuel solonoid ? Sounds like the problem encountered by a friend of mine his was 90 silver spur, turned out to be the main control unit which also activates the fuel solonoid in the event of a crash or roll over, check to see if it has a protection switch somewhere, it could have been activated.

Founder Member of The Twisted Prop Club.

Had a problem with a balas or bias (something like that) resister in a TVR with a v6 Essex engine once. Car would start; good spark, but die once it had started. The coil was earthed through this resister when the engine was not cranking, when it was cranking it was earthed directly. The coil could not take this type of load when not cranking as it would burn it out, but during cranking the lower voltage meant the resister was not needed, and in fact it would also produce a better spark to start the engine. Still the resister had gone west, so the car would not keep running.

Might be the same sort of thing with your RR

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !

Had a similar problem on a pug injection.

It turned out to be the seal on the fuel filter housing assy, it was leaking air under running... I guess that you might want to check and see if the fuel is still being supplied after the initial start-up, or rigging up an alternative fuel source and checking out your system that way... I eventually went through every joint, pump, filter, etc. until I had eliminated everything. It cost me nearly a grand to find out that a £2.5 part in a £35 component had failed. *mad* ☹️ *eek*.

Good luck *wink* *thumbup*

☹️BB *smile*

*smile*Vorsprung Durch Insurance *idea*

Thank you all.

BALLAST RESISTOR!!!

Mr Overton in Leigh on Sea got it too, Thank you all

£ 20 a bit steep though (and that was discounted too)

Mr RAC man did not even get close. He said fuel pumps (after checking that no fuel was coming out of the fuel vent pipe !!!)

On the road again... Thank you all.

Roland