Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X/Flow fuel injection upgrade kit

MEF

Kit of parts to convert a X/flow from Webbers to full Throttle body fuel injection, £1250 includes TB's, Fuel rail, Fuel regulator, ECU, wiring loom, crank disc, etc

Please e-mail or phone me for further details, 0161 777 7042

Martin Fox

It depends upon the state of tune of your engine. Throttle bodies don't give a performance increase on their own although that again depends upon the size of the chokes in your carbs compared to the bore of the TB's. The main performance gain is midrange driveability. The fuel mixture and ignition advance can be mapped very carefully to provide the optimum settings for all throttle angles, unlike the compromise that you inevitably have to except with carbs and a mechanical ditributor advance curve. This means that the engine is much more responsive to changes in throttle openings and load. The engine is also usually more economical when driving gently compared to carbs. High lift, long duration cams often cause poor bottom end "off cam" performance, which can be drastically improved whith correct mapping of the fuel injection and ignition, thus making a nicer engine. Obviously if you have a high revving race spec engine and want the last ounce of BHP from it then the upgrading to TB's will be worthwhile.

Martin Fox

The ecu is the DTA E48 and the TB's are the Jenvey 45mm TBP45's which I would think would be as big as you would want to go or ever need. I realise that this is probably bigger than the chokes in your 45's but in practice, with the correct mapping it seems to be quite possible to run the bigger TB's without the same side effects as running bigger carbs with massive chokes. Alternatively I can supply 40mm TB's but they com out at about £25 more expensive!

Martin Fox