Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tillett Seats

Graham Sewell

I currently have the slimline bench seats because of my height (6'1") and keep wondering about the composite race seats (aka Tillett?). How comfortable are they on long runs?

My wife would probably prefer the standard leather/cloth seat as a passenger. Would this mix/match look totally bizarre?

Cheers,

Graham

You could get the plump bench seat base for your wife's side? I've done this in my car and it's received good feedback (it's a good inch or two thicker than the thin bench base)!

I'm a bit taller than you (6'4") but I'm 99.99% sure that *any* type of seat would leave me too far forward and, more importantly, too high up.

I'm toying with the idea of taking the bench out totally and creating some seats on the floor of the car with the seat inserts you can get from the likes of Sparco, plus one of their inflatable lumbar supports.

Another idea is the Indy seat kit, but this seems a bit pricey for something that may not help me out either (there's pretty much zero free space around my tub o lard frame and the car!).

C7 AJM

Andy M,

You are welcome to come and have a sit in my car and try the Tillet seat out. I am about 6ft and I easily get a couple of inches clearance on the FIA bar, although my seats are tilted back a touch. I am in the North West Kent area about 10mins from the M25.

Andy C - I may take you up on that offer at some point. Not having seats isn't really a problem at the minute. As noted, I fit very snugly in the basic tub! But when all my weight comes of (yeah right) I may need something more suitable smile.gif.

C7 AJM